• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who is Willing to Step up to the Plate and Take a Swing?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I reported about the status of the towns around me a few years ago in this thread.... http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?52767-Local-codes-brought-in-line-with-state-law

This list is or was a good reference and I do not know why Gene Beasley has not kept it up or if it is an Admin thing.
I see Gene does visit the site once in a while but does not respond for updates.

To bad to see it go by the wayside as it benefits the Open/Concealed Carry Community.

By the way Thumbs Up Thumbs_up.gif to those who have responded on taking some action in their communities, hopefully there will be more.

Last edited:

OrangeIsTrouble

Alder lake

Went to alder lake to scout due to rumors of mass kokanees and saw this sign right by the swimming area. Betcha didn't know it was near a swimming area if I didn't tell ya!
IMG_20111030_170646.jpg

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I just received word today that the courts located in the Yakima County Jail will be coming into compliance of securing citizens firearms by the end of December 2011.

Superior and District Courts are primarily located in the Yakima County Building and have been in compliance for sometime now, though the Jail houses 2 Court Rooms mainly used for incarcerated inmates which are located on the Public Side of the Jail in the basement.

Attempting to discuss this with the Jail Administration, I was basically threatened if I brought my weapon to be secured and would loose any visiting with a family member currently visiting on an extended basis.

After trying to gain the attention of the County Prosecutor, which failed I did make contact with my County Commissioner Keven Bouchey and notified today as I stated before they will be coming into compliance.

Note, Still working on the issue of securing firearms for those with the regrettable situation of having to visit a family member or friend in Prison which in provided for in the RCW 9.94.043.

fire suppressor

Hey guys I read through the entire link and I'm not trying to sound stupid but it was all stuff I've herd before what was I suppose to have taken away from the link?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Hey guys I read through the entire link and I'm not trying to sound stupid but it was all stuff I've herd before what was I suppose to have taken away from the link?

What is one suppose to take away from this thread, is to have members of the forum to look into the Cities or Counties where they live and see if their local Ordinances are in compliance with State Law/Preemption and then to take action to have it corrected.

If we are not going to do it, then who?

hermannr

I'm not sure I want to see Okanogan County's code changed....Firearms in a one liner...they declare themselves exempt from 9.41.050(4)....

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

I think that means civilian full auto is legal in Okanogan Co.?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
I'm not sure I want to see Okanogan County's code changed....Firearms in a one liner...they declare themselves exempt from 9.41.050(4)....

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

No.,, that's an old law from 94 to 97

hermannr

Please enlighten me. I copied right from the Okanogan County code..

The way I read that it says, Okanogan County does not "in county code" recognize any firearms as being illegal.

amlevin

Counties can't declare themselves "exempt" from State law no matter what they think.

If they could then so could Cities and Seattle would'nt have lost their lawsuit and appeal over State preemption.

tombrewster421

You're reading it wrong. It says
"NOTHING in this section permits (allows) possession of firearms illegal to posses under state or federal law.(guns that the state or feds say are illegal)

Re worded: nothing in this section says it's ok to own something the state calls illegal.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I just received word today that the courts located in the Yakima County Jail will be coming into compliance of securing citizens firearms by the end of December 2011.

Superior and District Courts are primarily located in the Yakima County Building and have been in compliance for sometime now, though the Jail houses 2 Court Rooms mainly used for incarcerated inmates which are located on the Public Side of the Jail in the basement.

Attempting to discuss this with the Jail Administration, I was basically threatened if I brought my weapon to be secured and would loose any visiting with a family member currently visiting on an extended basis.

After trying to gain the attention of the County Prosecutor, which failed I did make contact with my County Commissioner Keven Bouchey and notified today as I stated before they will be coming into compliance.

Note, Still working on the issue of securing firearms for those with the regrettable situation of having to visit a family member or friend in Prison which in provided for in the RCW 9.94.043.

Update, I was notified today that the gun lockers are now available for citizens to check their firearms at the Yakima County Jail access to their courts and visiting areas.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I agree this is a step in the right direction and well if I can do it anyone one on this forum can do it as well and thus the point for the thread.
When I was dealing with Yakima County on the first issues of out dated gun laws they were still maintaining on the books one of the Commissioners made a comment, "One Person Can Make A Difference" is there anyone else here that is that one person?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Do we have an updated list of violative ordinances? I know there was Gene Beaseley's list, but is there a more updated one?

Myself, I'm awaiting if Seattle will appeal to the SCWA.....

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Do we have an updated list of violative ordinances? I know there was Gene Beaseley's list, but is there a more updated one?

Myself, I'm awaiting if Seattle will appeal to the SCWA.....

The list that Gene started and was keeping up went by the wayside for what ever reason, I tried to contact John on the issue but nothing.
Since you are a Moderator maybe you could get it moving again as there is updates as to Yakima County and the issue of prohibition carrying while on snowmobiles is a State Wide Issue which Charles Ross was trying to push forward a bill last year to correct this and he was told it would never get a hearing as a Democrat is in control of moving the bills to a hearing and well you know how that goes until that control is changed.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?52767-Local-codes-brought-in-line-with-state-law

Last edited:

NavyMike

Kirkland is now in compliance

Kirkland City Council voted, yesterday, to repeal its existing code and adopt the State code by reference.

This includes their former ban on firearms in parks, city buildings and all parts of an establishment selling liquor.

Motion carried 6-0