• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Lynchburg?

wylde007

Across the street from a K-12 school?

Not that I agree with the law, but if they catch this guy they should run him up on federal charges.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Across the street from a K-12 school?

Not that I agree with the law, but if they catch this guy they should run him up on federal charges.

Yup. The K-12 school building probably isn't even 200 yards from the front door of this shop. In the link below see Dollar Tree on the right side of Candler's Mountain Rd. Liberty Christian Academy shares the big building with Thomas Rd. Baptist, but the school is closest to Candler's Mountain Rd immediately to the left of where the road is shown.

http://g.co/maps/e5p6p

Last edited:

protias

They could've robbed the Toys R Us, but they had the "No Guns" sign. :D

[video=youtube;S7pGt_O1uM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8[/video]

However, the criminal probably knows it is illegal to have a gun within 1000' of a school, so maybe it isn't working...

nuc65

Activist Member
Hmmm, a stabbing in a "gun free zone". Patron stabbed at Lynchburg TGI Fridays. The crowd that hangs out there always looks like trouble and fortunately Kroger in the same shopping center has no issue at all with folks carrying sidearms.

http://www.wset.com/story/17076046/stabbing-at-tgi-fridays

I've carried at TGIFs, the sign only says no 'concealed' weapons. I am ok with OC, since it is my preferred mode of carry. I haven't eaten there in a while though.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I've carried at TGIFs, the sign only says no 'concealed' weapons. I am ok with OC, since it is my preferred mode of carry. I haven't eaten there in a while though.

If I thought they were really asking for OC only I wouldn't have a problem (OC is open to anyone). However, some here have been given the boot while OCing there and they were informed that the notice doesn't include their restriction on OC as well.

nuc65

Activist Member
If I thought they were really asking for OC only I wouldn't have a problem (OC is open to anyone). However, some here have been given the boot while OCing there and they were informed that the notice doesn't include their restriction on OC as well.

I have eaten there many times and never had an issue, in every case I know the hostess saw it, other customers saw, no one said anything.

kenny

The time of the event tells me a lot. The normal people that were eating at that hour were either at the Waffle House or T-Room. It's a shame the punks and thugs have moved out towards Timberlake. Don't forget there is that ghetto style apartment complex just down the street next to the Social Security office.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I don't know that the thugs themselves have moved en' masse to the Timberlake area, however TGI Fridays has provided a venue for those all over the city to congregate in the area during the wee hours of the morning. Unlike other TGIFs, this particular one essentially turns into a club after maybe 10 at night, thus drawing in different folks than those who might just be up late having a beer, eating some wings and hanging out with friends in the neighborhood. As a result you have a crowd much more like what you'd have at Phase 2 (formerly Cattle Annie's) hanging out in a generally quiet area.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Three armed home invasions spaced an hour apart starting at 11:15 p.m. last night and wrapping up at 1:15 a.m. today, all in different portions of the city. Sadly it appears none of these clowns were forced to meet their maker. Fortunately it appears everyone affected was not physically harmed (or at least nothing has been reported.)

http://www.wset.com/story/18775027/three-home-invasions-in-lynchburg

nuc65

Activist Member
Three armed home invasions spaced an hour apart starting at 11:15 p.m. last night and wrapping up at 1:15 a.m. today, all in different portions of the city. Sadly it appears none of these clowns were forced to meet their maker. Fortunately it appears everyone affected was not physically harmed (or at least nothing has been reported.)

http://www.wset.com/story/18775027/three-home-invasions-in-lynchburg

Good thing this can never happen at work because we have badge readers and guns are expressly forbidden, it's in the rules.

raven81686

I'm so glad that none of the victims were physically injured. If this happend at my house at least one of them would have been droped! I would'nt hesitate to shoot an intruder with my wife being 8 months pregnant with our first child; and yes she is armed also :D I love my wife! My dogs alert me to ANY and EVERY thing that walks around my house; they even bark like crazy when I come home. It amazes me that people still think that owning and carrying firearms is unnecessary; look at the world we live in.
I found the news footage; all these break-ins happened less than 10 miles from my house lynchburg be on red alert.
http://www.wset.com/story/18780814/man-wakes-up-to-home-invasion

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Now why would anyone need a gun at a "bar" in Lynchburg? I thought strict gun laws were supposed to stop convicted felons from possessing guns and committing more felonies.

http://www.wset.com/story/26762825/...-for-suspect-in-shooting-at-toppers-bar-grill

I've been to this place a couple times for lunch or dinner shortly after it opened (a couple years back) and OCed without issue. I have no idea what their rules allow now, but both times I was there, the place was fairly empty and it wasn't nearly 2 a.m.

Seems I keep hearing more and more stories of shootings in this town, but I also see that in many cases, the people doing the shooting aren't even legally permitted to have the guns. Oh my!

Last edited: