• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Talk about mis-Information

nkunnen

I saw that when i looked at the link. It was everything I could do not to post a comment in it too.

Bellum_Intus

I saw that when i looked at the link. It was everything I could do not to post a comment in it too.

I had to.. I'm not sure who they have giving legal advice, but to be that far off is just .. well.. yeah. And if you read their blurb about 'legal' it basically makes it sound like laws make things 'permissable'. With that rationale, we'd have 12 billion laws allowing us to blink and wear glasses.. sheesh.. I hate sites with such horribly inaccurate information.

--Rob

since9

Campaign Veteran
I posted (as Dave). Sites like that NEED us to be vocal so as to halt the spread of incorrect information. If we say nothing, we have allowed yet another citizen, if not a dozen of them, to go blithely through their lives thinking we're the criminals because by OCing we're breaking the law.

Do not allow them to learn such misinformation! Rob was right to correct the first person who responded, and a few more should chime in for good measure.

The site allows you to post anonymously.

M-Taliesin

Look at this..

http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-legal-to-open-carry-a-handgun-in-colorado#comments

I guess this legal expert.. is not up on Colorado.. lol

-Rob

Howdy Pard!
Hey, if he hadn't spent so much time in the bar, perhaps he might have passed the bar.
Gotta be some excuse for an answer that stupid.
No, sorry about that... stupid is too kind a word.
The original person who wrote the answer to that question would need to get a whole bunch of education to reach the lofty heights of stupidity.
If brains were dynamite, that person wouldn't have enough to blow his nose.
If brains were cotton, they couldn't produce a sanitary napkin for a gnat.
If you took their brain, shoved it up a gnat's backside, it would rattle around in there like a B-B in a boxcar!
But they can take heart... there is always an opportunity at FOX News for folks with absolutely no research skills or factual reporting!

One of these days, I'll tell you how I really feel!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

and a few more should chime in for good measure.

The site allows you to post anonymously.

Howdy Pard!
I chimed in pretty good. And I didn't do it anonymously either.
I feel passionately enough about this that I put myself on record.
The meaning (perhaps far too subliminal for such an enlightened individual) I ain't timid about backing my facts with my name!
Wow... what a tripe festival! I cannot believe it was allowed to stand without challenge.

In fact, I'm going to check out the site to see if they have an admin that I can complain to!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
I chimed in pretty good. And I didn't do it anonymously either.

Huh. Unless you're "Bear," your post appears to have been removed. :(

In fact, I'm going to check out the site to see if they have an admin that I can complain to!

Won't do much good. They're in it for the advertising money, and controversies drive up page hits, which increase income.

M-Taliesin

Huh. Unless you're "Bear," your post appears to have been removed.

Howdy Pard!
Yes, it was certainly removed. Can we say................................ CENSORSHIP???
And I did not resort to any offensive language. I quoted Amendment 2 of the CofC,
provided a link to the Adams County Sheriff's page where he states without ambiguity that OC is legal,
and chided them for poorly researched opinion.

It didn't take long for them to pull my response. That didn't keep me from writing them directly to demand the original misinformation be corrected.

I think it bears notice that we are observing a site that hinges their success on propaganda.
Would make Jospeh Goebbels smile, if he wasn't long dead and gone.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

Ya, mine was taken down also, and i didn't resort to no aggressive or foul language either. they don't want to show just how bad of a site they have, if too many people say its wrong that looks bad on them, hell i think if its wrong that makes them look bad. i find it funny that they wont let our comments through and yet they let the guy that wrote the responses answer stay up and post in the first place, talk about moderation!

Bellum_Intus

Ya, mine was taken down also, and i didn't resort to no aggressive or foul language either. they don't want to show just how bad of a site they have, if too many people say its wrong that looks bad on them, hell i think if its wrong that makes them look bad. i find it funny that they wont let our comments through and yet they let the guy that wrote the responses answer stay up and post in the first place, talk about moderation!

Mine is still there.. Too bad they 'answered' the question again a few hours ago.. same incorrect answer!ChaCha!.. idiots..

--Rob

mobiushky

Huh. Unless you're "Bear," your post appears to have been removed. :(

Won't do much good. They're in it for the advertising money, and controversies drive up page hits, which increase income.

I posted as "bear". Twice now. The new answer is even more stupid than the original. Apparently they think it's illegal to carry an "open handgun." What's an open handgun?

Keens

I just looked again, looks like all comments were removed. It also won't let me make a comment. It keeps taking me down to the bottom of the page. I'm using my iPhone, will check again when I get home to my laptop.

Keens

P.S. I see the comments now, dang cell service lol.

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

Oh, now they have to 'moderate' the replies.. See below..

Robert Butler
Less than a minute ago
Your comment is awaiting moderation

This is driving me NUTS...
IT *IS* 100% "legal" to open carry a handgun in Colorado without a permit..
Who is giving the legal advice on this site? Recommend they stay out of the BARS so they can PASS ONE!...

[edit]... aaand my comment is deleted...

--Rob

Last edited:

mobiushky

Oh, now they have to 'moderate' the replies.. See below..

Robert Butler
Less than a minute ago
Your comment is awaiting moderation

This is driving me NUTS...
IT *IS* 100% "legal" to open carry a handgun in Colorado without a permit..
Who is giving the legal advice on this site? Recommend they stay out of the BARS so they can PASS ONE!...

[edit]... aaand my comment is deleted...

--Rob

Weird. I just posted the 3rd time and it looks like it stuck. Wonder why that is....

LoneEchoWolf

posted again maybe this time itll stick. ill paste what i wrote here just so i can verify that im not saying anything they should haveto "moderate"

State Constitution Article II Section 13

The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question; but nothing herein contained shall be construed to justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons.

Open Car Carry: You may open carry in a vehicle. It must be clearly visible.
College Carry Carry Not Statutorily Prohibited
NOTE: Even if Legal, Students May be Subject to Academic Sanctions

All thanks to the Great People at Opencarry.Org http://www.opencarry.org/co.html

thanks all i said. these guys need to get a grip. thanks all

~Wolf~