• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6200% more likely to die by this than a gun.

LkWd_Don

I find this amusing. It is an older article (Aug 2012) that I came across, but is an interesting read.

6200% more likely to die at the hands of a Medical Professional than by a Gun.

These data show that FDA-approved prescription drugs kill 290 Americans every single day, meaning that for mass shootings to approach that number, you'd have to see a Colorado Batman movie massacre take place EVERY HOUR of every day, 365 days a year.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036679_doctors_guns_fatalities.html

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
So, if marijuana is made legal by prescription, will someone finally die from using it?

No, somebody will be killed during a predawn paramilitary SWAT raid on a wrong address while big pharma protects its latest drug--cannibis. Oh, wait...

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I did the research on CDC one time and concluded children are over 900% more likely to die by the hands of their parents than by guns.

Ban parents!! :cuss:

(chuckle) A fella put together a national register of people exonerated after conviction. He's logged about 1000 nationwide. Since 100% of false convictions are caused by government, we should ban government. :)

sudden valley gunner

(chuckle) A fella put together a national register of people exonerated after conviction. He's logged about 1000 nationwide. Since 100% of false convictions are caused by government, we should ban government. :)

LOL...Forget Gun Control We need Parent Control.....was the title of the essay I wrote.....with that data.

LkWd_Don

LOL...Forget Gun Control We need Parent Control.....was the title of the essay I wrote.....with that data.

LOL SVG.. better be quiet or those in our Government might figure a way to tax.. er assign a Fee to license engaging in the activity that will lead to bearing children as a way to make money on those who want to be Parents..

I can see it now, People who are found fornicating without a license will be sent to jail where they can get all the sex they don'e want free of licensing.. LOL

davidmcbeth

Banned

Many species eat their young ... population control (that the government fully supports!)

sudden valley gunner

LOL SVG.. better be quiet or those in our Government might figure a way to tax.. er assign a Fee to license engaging in the activity that will lead to bearing children as a way to make money on those who want to be Parents..

I can see it now, People who are found fornicating without a license will be sent to jail where they can get all the sex they don'e want free of licensing.. LOL

It was meant show the ridiculousness of any control, but .....the way things are going....yea....we might see that coming soon.

compmanio365

Something I've known for a long time. But unfortunately these incompetent people have the monopoly on prescribed medicine so you must go see them, where they often attempt to give you medicine you don't need in order to get their nice little bonus from the drug companies. The drug industry in this nation is out of control, and doctors basically don't care. Oh, there are still many that are good and want to help people, but you won't find them in major health systems because they don't bring in enough money. The smallest mom & pop clinics may have some of the best doctors. And bottom line is, don't believe everything the doctor tells you. Go with your gut, and trust what your body is telling you. I have quit many a drug a doctor has attempted to put me on simply because I didn't feel it was worth the side effects for the benefit I was getting. And thereafter dropped the doctor prescribing said medication when he/she wanted to argue with me about it. If a doctor isn't willing to listen to what you have to say, get out fast because they are the ones that will kill you.

LkWd_Don

It was meant show the ridiculousness of any control, but .....the way things are going....yea....we might see that coming soon.

LOL SVG You do realize I was not arguing with you or saying you were wrong.

Just implying that comments like that can come back to bite us all, if the wrong indivdual gets a hold of it.

Especially in our present Revenue Crazed Governmental Systems.

LkWd_Don

Something I've known for a long time.
~~ snipped ~~ The drug industry in this nation is out of control, and doctors basically don't care. ~~ snipped ~~

Don't get me started. Of course Doctors care, in most cases the Insurance Companies require that they take certain steps or will not pay them full value.

I personally will blame our FDA and Governmental regulations for most of the problems with the cost of medications here.

In countries like Germany, if you go in to the local Apothecary (Drug Store) and tell th Pharmacist what you want, he will ask why.
As long as you can give a few of the symptoms that the drug you are asking for treats, he will give it to you without a Doctors prescription, and like in Canada, the costs are generally one-third of what we pay here for most drugs.

sudden valley gunner

LOL SVG You do realize I was not arguing with you or saying you were wrong.

Just implying that comments like that can come back to bite us all, if the wrong indivdual gets a hold of it.

Especially in our present Revenue Crazed Governmental Systems.

Yep just was agreeing and pontificating at the same time.....:lol:

OC for ME

Where pharmaceutical drugs are concerned the "cure" is more likely worse than the disease.

DISCLAIMER: The below is not a endorsement for the product cited below. It is provided only as a example as to the validity of the statement provided above.

What important information should I know about NUVIGIL?

NUVIGIL may cause serious side effects including a serious rash or a serious allergic reaction that may affect parts of your body such as your liver or blood cells, and may result in hospitalization and be life-threatening. If you develop a skin rash, hives, sores in your mouth, blisters, swelling, peeling, or yellowing of the skin or eyes, trouble swallowing or breathing, dark urine, or fever, stop taking NUVIGIL and call your doctor right away or get emergency help.

NUVIGIL is not approved for children for any condition. It is not known if NUVIGIL is safe or if it works in children under the age of 17.

You should not take NUVIGIL if you have had a rash or allergic reaction to NUVIGIL or PROVIGIL® (modafinil) Tablets [C-IV], or are allergic to any of the following ingredients: modafinil, armodafinil, croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, or pregelatinized starch.

What are possible side effects of NUVIGIL?

Stop taking NUVIGIL and call your doctor or get emergency help if you get any of the following serious side effects:

Mental (psychiatric) symptoms, including: depression, feeling anxious, sensing things that are not really there, extreme increase in activity (mania), thoughts of suicide, aggression, or other mental problems.

Symptoms of a heart problem, including: chest pain, abnormal heart beat, and trouble breathing.

Common side effects of NUVIGIL are headache, nausea, dizziness, and trouble sleeping. These are not all the side effects of NUVIGIL. (Trouble sleeping is a side affect of a drug to improve wakefulness????)

Tell your doctor if you get any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. Talk to your doctor for medical advice about side effects.

What should I avoid while taking NUVIGIL?

Do not drive a car or do other dangerous activities until you and your doctor know how NUVIGIL affects you.

Avoid drinking alcohol.

http://www.nuvigil.com/default.aspx...tent=remove_nu&utm_campaign=Provigil_site#isi
Underlining, bolding and color text added by OC for ME.