• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6200% more likely to die by this than a gun.

Freedom1Man

Where pharmaceutical drugs are concerned the "cure" is more likely worse than the disease.

Very well said.

I love the ads for the different drugs.

May cause death, rashes, upset stomach, etc etc. If you experience death, rashes, or painful swelling, please call your doctor right away.

I don't trust doctors anymore after I've seen all the drug ads.

sudden valley gunner

I had a friend that used to say "Doctors are only good if they can poison it or cut it out of you".

Oversimplification, but makes an interesting point.

Get rid of government intervention into medicine. Including the licensing scam perpetuated by it's own profession.

compmanio365

Don't get me started. Of course Doctors care, in most cases the Insurance Companies require that they take certain steps or will not pay them full value.

I personally will blame our FDA and Governmental regulations for most of the problems with the cost of medications here.

In countries like Germany, if you go in to the local Apothecary (Drug Store) and tell th Pharmacist what you want, he will ask why.
As long as you can give a few of the symptoms that the drug you are asking for treats, he will give it to you without a Doctors prescription, and like in Canada, the costs are generally one-third of what we pay here for most drugs.

Working in multiple different hospitals over the last few years, I think I know what I am saying when I work with these doctors everyday. As I said, there are many (the young ones usually) that care and try to do right by their patients. But then apathy sets in, the drive for more $$$, a few nice lunches with the drug company representatives, and soon they are just like every other doctor, spending 5 minutes to treat you and sending the patient on their way with 5 prescriptions, 4 of which they don't need because they get a nice little kickback for prescribing those drugs. SSRIs especially are a HUGELY overprescribed medication and bring in a hefty profit margin for drug companies. The bottom line is, you have to think for yourself. Don't trust your doctor to be acting in your best interest, and if something seems fishy, it probably is. Don't blindly believe what your doctor says and don't be afraid to walk out of the doctor's office if you don't feel you aren't getting the care you deserve. Done it myself more than once.

LkWd_Don

Working in multiple different hospitals over the last few years, I think I know what I am saying when I work with these doctors everyday. As I said, there are many (the young ones usually) that care and try to do right by their patients. But then apathy sets in, the drive for more $$$, a few nice lunches with the drug company representatives, and soon they are just like every other doctor, spending 5 minutes to treat you and sending the patient on their way with 5 prescriptions, 4 of which they don't need because they get a nice little kickback for prescribing those drugs. SSRIs especially are a HUGELY overprescribed medication and bring in a hefty profit margin for drug companies. The bottom line is, you have to think for yourself. Don't trust your doctor to be acting in your best interest, and if something seems fishy, it probably is. Don't blindly believe what your doctor says and don't be afraid to walk out of the doctor's office if you don't feel you aren't getting the care you deserve. Done it myself more than once.

Maybe I have been fortunate enough to have found many Doctors (young and old) that cared for my welfare more than what they could get from a Drug Company since my leaving the Military. Before my leaving, most any Doctor I was allowed to see was generally someone who had yet to complete their Medical Schooling. Most anyone within a few Miles of Fort Lewis Washington, probably already understands that Madigan Army Medical Center is a Medical School, and rarely get a chance to see someone who could actually establish a private practice on the outside.

I will say, that I know what you are saying as far as there being some Doctors out there who are only in it for the $$$ that rely on the kick-backs from the Drug Companies to make more $$$ so fully agree with your statement that I changed to bold.

I however, will ask that you post links to some credible source material that supports your contention that Most Doctors are that way.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
So, if marijuana is made legal by prescription, will someone finally die from using it?

HAHA. Marijuana is safe and could be used to "ACTUALLY" treat numerous diseases and other illness. The very reason why it will take one hell of a fight to get it legalized at the federal level is because it is safe, and the drug companies cannot make millions off of it! It would be hard to patent marijuana and patents are where the money is; they need their chemical, man-made concoctions to make money, and money is what motivates big-pharma -- not people's health and well-being!

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
:)

[STRIKE]deathly[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]deathly[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]deathly[/STRIKE] :p

(sigh) I guess I gotta 'splain this one.

The words that started the punning were deathly strikes.

Above, I put a line through the word deathly multiple times. This is called strike through or just strike.

If you quote the text as though to make a post, you will see the code used to create the line through the word deathly. It will look like this, but with square parenthesis instead of the curved I use here: (strike)deathly(/strike).

So, I got a double play--the line through a word is called a strike, and the code uses the word strike.

But, my brilliance was lost on this crowd.

:p:)

(Now you can turn on me.)