• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What To Do When Your Doctor Asks About Your Guns

DTOM2nd

Does your doctor interfere with your gun rights? Some do:eek:
Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership came up with some great information on what steps you can take to deal with when your doctor asks you about your guns. Someone associated with DRGO handed me out two pages at my state's gun rights (VCDL) monthly meeting. I turn the handouts in to electronic format to share with others on our website.
http://defensivepopulace.net/what-to-do-when-your-doctor-asks-about-your-guns/

Everyone is going to take a different approach or opinion. For example, you can answer no, none of your f*&king dam business, I'm taking my money elsewhere, and it's not like they are going to send someone to search your house to verify. Now if universal background checks which incorporates s/n gun registration then the government will know. That's their endgame. We just need to make sure UBC never becomes law.

Va_Nemo

I used to have a few but with the current state of the US I had to sell all but a handgun and old single shot break open 20 gauge to be able to pay you doc and buy my necessary scripts.

Gas and groceries also took a chunk.

So no, not really, only one working and the other is older than I am doc.

Nemo

Last edited:

F350

What to do???

LIE, LIE, LIE

Just say NO if asked if there are any guns in the house. of course it wouldn't do me any good as I open carry to doctor's appointments. The nurse at my GP's office says "Put the hardware on the shelf" before she weighs me (double stack 1911, 2 spare mags, 2 knives) and the doc asked me about joining the local gun range, gotta love Wyoming.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What to do???

LIE, LIE, LIE

Just say NO if asked if there are any guns in the house. of course it wouldn't do me any good as I open carry to doctor's appointments. The nurse at my GP's office says "Put the hardware on the shelf" before she weighs me (double stack 1911, 2 spare mags, 2 knives) and the doc asked me about joining the local gun range, gotta love Wyoming.

Ahahhahahahaaa!!

Dang, right! Gotta love Wyoming!!

Awesome story!

reelfootmaster

I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally ***** it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

twoskinsonemanns

Everyone is going to take a different approach or opinion.
"I'm not answering that question". It's my reply to everything not pertinent to the issue I came to the doctor about.

I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally ***** it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him

My response to your passionate plea for Americans to be more subservient:
Eat a bowl of *****.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

What does this non-punctuated rant have to do with the OP? An insulting bit of trollish behavior there.

Suggest that you read the Forum Rules - please note that neither the F-bomb nor any of its variants is allowed on OCDO.

Last edited:

solus

"I'm not answering that question". It's my reply to everything not pertinent to the issue I came to the doctor about.
My response to your passionate plea for Americans to be more subservient:
Eat a bowl of *****.

my now that last sentence in your response got a hearty chuckle and a laugh...thanks...appreciated it.

ipse

idodishez

http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/top-ten.html

JoeSparky

Centurion

Standard capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, apostrophe usage, and paragraphs are really your friend! As it is currently presented I am not even going to make any effort to read your wall of text!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Standard capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, apostrophe usage, and paragraphs are really your friend! As it is currently presented I am not even going to make any effort to read your wall of text!

Yep. Skipped it.

reelfootmaster

And why would any doctor ask anyone about guns my doctor doesn't care about anything but you paying your bill

solus

drat, all out of BSA caramel corn....got the slurpy tho and awaiting so the show can start and i can watch...

ipse

Please silence cells...

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

I'm in my 60ies and I have never needed a gun to settle any thing iv ever been involved in that work its self out like adults most of the gun nuts in this country wouldn't be so happy if some of the family they have were killed by some lunatic with a gun he should have never had iv hunted for most of my early years but grew up and found that it's not necessary to shoot a animal just for the sake of it most guys I know that hunt always have the same dam answer well I eat it well that's bull **** you can by meat at the store and how much meat can you really eat I know guys who kill as many deer as they can just because they think it's macho these people are not hunters they are shooters and don't give a **** what they shoot these people are in my opinion just idiots who love to hear the sound of the gun and have power over some poor animals that's just trying to servive these same people think they should have as many guns as possible they should spend their time and effort to make the world a better place and pay attention to their relationships at home there are way to many gun deaths every year what does it take for some people to wake the **** up and say stop living that way then you have a crazy lunatic like Donald trump who's the worst person known to mankind and I see the crazy people voting for him when are you going to get your head out of the sand as see what the republican leaders have done to this country gwb. Totally fuked it up so much that we lost thousands of jobs in his term so what the **** dose it take to make these people think about other people rather than themselves so if you're one of those people I feel sorry for you because you may not be a good person but I'm not the best for sure but I'm much too better than vote for him

What a strange place for the word best

What a strange LACK of punctuation, spelling, and grammar in your first post to this thread.

Your point?

Since you caught me at a good moment, I'll address some of the flaws in your nearly-incoherent "arguments".

1) Try talking or sharing your feelings with a guy who wants to rob you of your $20 to buy more drugs and leave no witnesses. Or just a guy who wants to join a gang and has to kill the easiest prey he came across tonight.

Firearms aren't the answer to everything, they're just the final option. In a life/death scenario, I've already made the decision that I'm not dying because someone else wants something I have. His/their choice may get them shot. Actions have consequences, as any mature adult will tell you.

2) You try to paint hunting as inhumane (though you don't use the term, I'll point out). Let me ask you, what's more humane:
Eating an animal that has been allowed to grow with its mother, live free and naturally, have a life for a number of honest-to-goodness years...
OR
Eating an animal that was prematurely plucked from the presence of its mother, caged up with limited room for movement, all while being fed a diet of hormones and who-knows-what-else in order to accelerate the growth of the animal, shortening its "life" in the process to a few measly months?

They both get killed before being processed, but at least the hunted animal likely doesn't suffer the sound of its compatriots' sounds of agony. Hunters take pride in making clean kills, if for no other reason than to be able to leave most of the animal available for consumption (or for trophy).

Unless you're a vegetarian or vegan, don't try to portray yourself as having the moral high ground, you don't.

3) Want to eliminate homicides by firearms? Eliminate gangs, eliminate suicide and suicidal THOUGHTS. And here's a fun fact: If you want to save even more people, go after the hack jobs who commit medical malpractice. You'd be saving several times more lives. Heck, you could also go after the automotive industry. Too many car-related deaths.

4) What does Trump have to do with any of this discussion? I don't know whether the guy would make a good president or not, but at least he hasn't lied about a security breach regarding NATIONAL SECURITY, he hasn't embezzled millions under the guise of a "Trump Foundation" to help people in need, and he hasn't been a part of the fustercluck that we call Congress.
Takes two to tango buddy. All I know is that Trump wouldn't be a guaranteed "same old, same old" politician. So while I may not vote Trump, I know I sure as heck wouldn't ever vote Clinton.

5) Paragraphs and punctuation. Learn about them. Use them.

6) Learn some civility.

A final note:
I'll go out on a limb and argue that you probably incorrectly ASSumed I am white (I'm Hispanic, I "look" it, and I acknowledge it), probably ASSumed I'm over 25 (not quite), and that I hunt (closest thing to hunting I have done is chase down and hurl a rock at a gopher that kept eating from a family member's garden).

Rusty Young Man

What to do???

LIE, LIE, LIE

Ahahhahahahaaa!!

Dang, right! Gotta love Wyoming!!

Awesome story!

Sounds like you have a rational, mature doctor. :)

F350, a quick question, if I may: What make/model is your sidearm? I only know of Rock Island Armory, STI, Para, and Caspian offering a double-stack version of the beloved 1911.:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hunting and is evil.

We do not need to kill to eat.

Let someone else do it, then eating the meat is okay. :rolleyes:

Same with plants. They have the right to live too. :p

Let your doctor know where you stand on these issues. Meanwhile, go pound rocks into bite sized morsels.