• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sour Cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Despicable. The female cop was way out of line. I used to have such a high opinion of any police actions. I used to support them on anything. This forum has opened my eyes...

PDinDetroit

She ought to lose that hand.

So, a person should lose a hand due to assault?

While I agree the lady cop should be up on charges, lose a hand for that?

Not even close to an "eye for an eye"...

No longer talking about justice, talking about vengeance/retribution... I believe that is someone elses job...

ManInBlack

So, a person should lose a hand due to assault?

Assault and battery, violation of rights under color of law, violating oath to uphold the Constitution, threats, kidnapping...

Tell you what, we'll let her have a choice: lose the hand or do 50 in supermax.

During colonial times, tax-collectors and navy pressers were tarred-and-feathered, and in some cases hanged, because the people realized the threat they posed to society. The balance of power is currently so asymmetrical that it it will likely take some asymmetry to bring the government caste back where they belong, under the heel of the people.

PDinDetroit

Then do it without a sense of vengeance, as I cannot argue with your point. She wanted to be held to a higher standard, so let it be a message sent to the others.,

While I agree that Officers should be held to as high standard, I could not justify harming someone physically like that based upon the nature of her actions as it is not punishment befitting the crime. When you lost your CPL for a time, should they have "harmed you for life" by taking away your firearm rights for life so as to send a message that others CPL Holders would fear? Is that justice?

Take her job away: Agreed.

Take her freedom away by convicting her of the crime of assault and locking her away in prison for a time: Agreed.

Is that not enough for other officers to see and understand the consequences?

stainless1911

Banned
Very well. Common sense beats emotion. I'll admit to that.

Im just getting too accustomed to officials doing things like this, and much worse, without consequence. I think this trend is what is causing people to call for thier heads.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

While I agree that Officers should be held to as high standard, I could not justify harming someone physically like that based upon the nature of her actions as it is not punishment befitting the crime.

Says who? You? A bunch of dress-wearing idiots on a court panel who decided that the worst of the worst child rapists can't be executed despite state laws? (see Kennedy v. Louisiana) Punishment fitting the crime is in the eye of the beholder.

Is that not enough for other officers to see and understand the consequences?

Apparently not, because it (and similar incidents) keep happening, regardless of what (admittedly, usually very lacking) punishment caught cops receive.

PDinDetroit

Assault and battery, violation of rights under color of law, violating oath to uphold the Constitution, threats, kidnapping...

Tell you what, we'll let her have a choice: lose the hand or do 50 in supermax.

During colonial times, tax-collectors and navy pressers were tarred-and-feathered, and in some cases hanged, because the people realized the threat they posed to society. The balance of power is currently so asymmetrical that it it will likely take some asymmetry to bring the government caste back where they belong, under the heel of the people.

The punishment does not fit the crime. You are so full of hate, you cannot even begin to see that...

Even the YouTube Poster admits they were breaking the law.

AdamKoresh said:
While the officers were technically on solid "legal" ground in shutting down the stand...

Like I stated before: Don't Like It, Change It! If the government is wrong, then there is ample provisioning for righting it. Guess it isn't so "childish and ridiculous after all... :)

Declaration of Independence said:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

And what do Tax Collectors and Navy Pressers have to do with this?

PDinDetroit

Says who? You? A bunch of dress-wearing idiots on a court panel who decided that the worst of the worst child rapists can't be executed despite state laws? (see Kennedy v. Louisiana) Punishment fitting the crime is in the eye of the beholder.

Apparently not, because it (and similar incidents) keep happening, regardless of what (admittedly, usually very lacking) punishment caught cops receive.

No, the current government does not punish the police officers very often who commit crimes. This is what causes the problems with both the Police thinking they can "get away with murder" and with Internet Posters such as yourself wanting Vengeance instead of Justice.

God gave the guideline long ago: "Eye for an Eye".

Status
Not open for further replies.