• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd in Vienna for Holiday Lighting Ceremony

BillHoo

Actually, my wife and I were doing our nightly workout, but I decided to OC.

Trying to hang my holster off my sweatpants was not working out. So I wore a belt under my t-shirt (it was really warm out last night for a late November) and put my rig on that with the holster visibly sticking out over my sweatpants. Not the best setup. Every half mile or so of power-walking, I would have to adjust myself as it would slide over to my front and bang into me uncomfortably. :D

We walked up through the streets of town, right to the traffic stop where they had a ton of LEO keeping the peace.

Either they didn't notice, or they didn't care. I made sure to keep my right hand free so that it was visible to them....Not even a double-take.

We slowed down our exercise to check out a Lebanese bakery/deli. I'm sure the staff noticed, but they made no comment.

We went out into the crowd where there was carolling and roasting of marshmallows. I did notice a few, not so welcome stares from mothers with strollers.

We went home and that was it.

Not sure if I want to do this again only because it's not the best thing to carry when exercising. It kinda slows down my aerobic workout. Maybe I'll try it with my .22 magnum derringer hung on my bi-cep iPod holder!

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

Not sure if I want to do this again only because it's not the best thing to carry when exercising. It kinda slows down my aerobic workout. Maybe I'll try it with my .22 magnum derringer hung on my bi-cep iPod holder!

I recently bought a belly band like this for wearing under track pants when I walk the beasts. It's designed for conceal but I repositioned the band so that the top part of my gun was sticking out of my pants - like an IWB holster - and it never moved and was very comfortable.

Belly Band

Last edited:

BillHoo

Thanks Steeler Gal!

I'll look into the belly band.

I was talking to my wife about it when we went to the Pentagon Gym last night and she was suprised because she was totally unaware that I was carrying that night!

Gosh! It was out there plain as day on my right hip, sagging over my light colored sweatpants and shirt!

Also, in hindsight, I think the woman with the stroller gave me the dirty look because her toddler was running past me and almost clunked his head on the barrel.

Last edited: