• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone going to RCD this morning?

scouser

Logan and I are going to head up there shortly for our breakfast, don't know if anyone else intends to or not

River City Diner
Parham Rd / I-95
Richmond

scouser

had a good filling breakfast, in Logan's case a good second breakfast (I'm not sure if he's in training to be cast in the next Hobbit movie, but he's certainly got the hang of second breakfast). Those who were not in attendance were talked about.
Dana said she was going to a cookie social later today and had some pumpkin spice (with cream cheese frosting) cookies cooling in the kitchen and gave one to Logan even though he failed to save any of his gummie bears for her. I was hoping he wouldn't like it and I'd get to finish it off instead .. no such luck, he was even trying to lick the frosting off my fingers from where I'd held the cookie.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Was out and running early 'tween Hopewell and Colonial Heights for the AutoZone festivities - had a great turnout with about 40 of us at each. The locals seemed to know and support why we were there - a lot of good interaction.

Will look to get together next Saturday somewhere.

scouser

Was out and running early 'tween Hopewell and Colonial Heights for the AutoZone festivities - had a great turnout with about 40 of us at each. The locals seemed to know and support why we were there - a lot of good interaction.

Will look to get together next Saturday somewhere.

Yeah, I thought about attending but knowing I'd have Logan with me he wouldn't have done well there, he's figured out how to unfasten the chest strap on his backpack for one thing and for another he'd been drinking apple juice all morning which has a habit of cleaning out his insides, would not have been a pleasant day for me if I'd brought him along.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah that was the first time Phillips ever said something that totally pissed me off.

I wasn't pissed off by it. more annoyed, and I like Philip But it did put things in proper perspective.
The protest was in a good cause....but it did conflict with hunting and other things that needed to be attended to at the farm....and in years past, I've put everything aside to support VCDL in situations like that. No more though!

images

Last edited:

riverrat10k

Can't say I am sorry I didn't make it.

We harvested 4 wood ducks and two 20-25lb striped bass yesterday.:)

I love a holiday feast.:)

Shotgun OC, of course.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Can't say I am sorry I didn't make it.

We harvested 4 wood ducks and two 20-25lb striped bass yesterday.:)

I love a holiday feast.:)

Shotgun OC, of course.

You dog!:p

Yesterday was a true Christmas story for me:
"and nothing was stirring, not even a mouse"

I saw one smallish bear...Period!

I did find my Big Bears tracks that were probably 12 hours old though. which was a relief.

I was a little worried that 700 pounder the fellow got the other day, was mine. I tell them to stay home during hunting season, but they don't always listen.:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You dog!:p

Yesterday was a true Christmas story for me:
"and nothing was stirring, not even a mouse"

I saw one smallish bear...Period!

I did find my Big Bears tracks that were probably 12 hours old though. which was a relief.

I was a little worried that 700 pounder the fellow got the other day, was mine. I tell them to stay home during hunting season, but they don't always listen.:uhoh:

Sometimes all you can do is grin and bear it.