• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Ranges around the Milwaukee area.

JJC

A friend of mine is moving to Milwaukee soon, (I'm trying to talk him out of it -- something about work).
He'll need direction on places to shoot. Short and long weapons.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

JJC

MKEgal

Indoors:
Waukesha, Fletcher Arms
Racine, Shooter's Sports Center
West Milwaukee, Shooter's Shop (one employee is a member here, but the owner is regularly on the news speaking against OC)

Only place to avoid is Badger Guns (Badger Outdoors, whatever they're calling themselves now). They're the closest to Milwaukee, just south of the baseball stadium.

Outdoors, there are several clubs in the area, most of which aren't taking new members. :(

Law abider

A friend of mine is moving to Milwaukee soon, (I'm trying to talk him out of it -- something about work).
He'll need direction on places to shoot. Short and long weapons.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

JJC

The way I see it, every street there seems to be a shooting range.

pkbites

The way I see it, every street there seems to be a shooting range.

You're painfully ignorant.

There is only a relatively small section of Milwaukee that has any real continuous problems.

I've lived in the city proper since '98, and have owned investment properties here since '89 and there hasn't been any major problems in my neighborhoods.

Last edited:

Law abider

You're painfully ignorant.

There is only a relatively small section of Milwaukee that has any real continuous problems.

I've lived in the city proper since '98, and have owned investment properties here since '89 and there hasn't been any major problems in my neighborhoods.

I have been wanting to come down there to check out that iconic burger joint and Utzingers meats and other landmarks but am hesitant bec of the way leos feel about us and what mayor Barrett believes. I didn't mean to be ignorant to that degree.

pkbites

I have been wanting to come down there to check out that iconic burger joint and Utzingers meats and other landmarks but am hesitant bec of the way leos feel about us and what mayor Barrett believes. I didn't mean to be ignorant to that degree.

Which burger joint?

There is really only one section you'll really need to avoid. Everywhere else is no different in risk as anywhere else.

Unfortunately on Saturday we had to go to the outskirts of the beasts mouth. There is a really good restaurant there that we like. It's not right in "the core" but it's not far from it.

Law abider

Which burger joint?

There is really only one section you'll really need to avoid. Everywhere else is no different in risk as anywhere else.

Unfortunately on Saturday we had to go to the outskirts of the beasts mouth. There is a really good restaurant there that we like. It's not right in "the core" but it's not far from it.

I believe the burger joint or a southern food restaurant was featured in the program 'Diners' by Guy Ferrari. It's been there forever. saw the program a few months ago.

Lephi

I believe the burger joint or a southern food restaurant was featured in the program 'Diners' by Guy Ferrari. It's been there forever. saw the program a few months ago.

AJ Bombers most likely, good food, been a few different food shows. Busy, but the area is safe tho a little trendy.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2