• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma friend or foe report

Joao01

Hey. I'm a cc guy myself, but my wife and I were at babies "r" us today in tacoma and I noticed a fairly prominent firearms prohibited sign. First time I've noticed a sign since getting my CPL. If you all already know, sorry for taking up space. I'm not on open carry as much as some other forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Joao01

Although I'm a CC guy, I will avoid spending any money with them in the future.

psbart

being a mom with small kids and another one arriving any day now, not sure I can completely avoid giving toys r us or babies r us any money. there are some things that I can't seem to find locally anywhere else :(.

the other annoying place that has a no firearms sign is Chuck E Cheese. my kids LOVE this place. much as I want to not spend money there, I will just CC and take the kids there 2-3 times a year to keep them happy.

Joao01

being a mom with small kids and another one arriving any day now, not sure I can completely avoid giving toys r us or babies r us any money. there are some things that I can't seem to find locally anywhere else :(.

the other annoying place that has a no firearms sign is Chuck E Cheese. my kids LOVE this place. much as I want to not spend money there, I will just CC and take the kids there 2-3 times a year to keep them happy.

True. I may not be able to avoid them altogether when we have kids, but if I can do 90% of purchases elsewhere, that is 90% less of my dollars they get. And that is at least a start.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
antigun? I have a corporate letter stating otherwise....

toysrus_zpsda1fa870.jpg

bmg50cal

antigun? I have a corporate letter stating otherwise....

It is obvious to me you're the one at fault for not having forwarded company policy to all the store management. Shame on you, educate them all right now. I'm fairly certain that they don't filter down this policy to their stores. I call BS, not on you, but on that drivel they wrote to you otherwise the stores would run like a certain coffee house chain. ;)

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
somewhere in the many threads on here is a thread of me in TRU waiting to pay for a purchase when the child says to his mom "that he wants a gun like mine." The lady took the kid to another lane and the store manager just looked at me and shook his head at her...