• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in NO. Need help.

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
Hey guys, I'm back! Need a little bit of info. I'm going down to visit my maw maw at Tulane where she's recovering from a liver transplant. I know I can't OC in the hospital, but my mom wants to go walking around while the rest of the family watches football. So, we'll be walking around the area surrounding the hospital. I need to know what I need to be wary of when OCing in that general area. School zones and such. Not OCing isn't an option either. I will not be caught anywhere near the Big Nasty without a way to protect myself.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

estcrh

Things I would do if I was planning to open carry in an unknown area, a copy of the receipt for your gun in you have one, a copy of the La. court rulings on open carry, a copy of an article on Marks open carry case. Contact the commander of the police district in the area and inform him of your plans and see if he acknowledges your right to open carry, the local police should be able to tell you of any known school zones in the area but drive around the area your self just in case.

Daylen

Unless you want a big hassle and your life possibly threatened, I would suggest CC instead of OC in Orleans. NOPD are not known for following the law.

55bowtie

Not OCing isn't an option either. I will not be caught anywhere near the Big Nasty without a way to protect myself.
You already have your mind made up ,why are you askin for help.If your going to be a responsible OCer YOU need to find out what to be wary of.