• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA firearm possession question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilogue

No venom, just straight talk.

And this doesn't sit right with me. You call it straight talk, I call it abrasive. If you're looking to help people see your side of the coin, don't bite their head off. I respect the community here at OCDO, and I value the support given and received, but when you jump down the throat of a guy who's got 10 posts under his belt, all you're going to do is piss him off.

People like you that want to chip away at that right concern me.

Coming at me like I'm trying to tear down the Constitution with my own two hands? Pardon me as I light Liberty and Freedom on fire as well. Back off.

Just straight talk.

NovaCop

And this doesn't sit right with me. You call it straight talk, I call it abrasive. If you're looking to help people see your side of the coin, don't bite their head off. I respect the community here at OCDO, and I value the support given and received, but when you jump down the throat of a guy who's got 10 posts under his belt, all you're going to do is piss him off.

Coming at me like I'm trying to tear down the Constitution with my own two hands? Pardon me as I light Liberty and Freedom on fire as well. Back off.

Just straight talk.

Epilogue,

Coming from someone who knows from experience.... don't take this thread personal. There are a lot of bullies (you probably just bumped into one of them), but there are a lot of people who listen to everyone and their view points without bias. Feel free to express yourself and many will listen. Of course, there will be those who oppose you. Just do your best to hold your ground, express your viewpoint (backing it with cites is best), and you will be accepted. A few outspoken members don't represent the majority.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Epilogue,

Coming from someone who knows from experience.... don't take this thread personal. There are a lot of bullies (you probably just bumped into one of them), but there are a lot of people who listen to everyone and their view points without bias. Feel free to express yourself and many will listen. Of course, there will be those who oppose you. Just do your best to hold your ground, express your viewpoint (backing it with cites is best), and you will be accepted. A few bad members don't represent the majority.

You go "one bridge too far" in defining someone as a "bully" or "bad member" who passionately believes in something and who has already offered a peace making statement.

Modifying the advice slightly:
...there [strike]will[/strike] may be those who oppose you. Just do your best to [strike]hold your ground[/strike] be reasonable and responsible, express your viewpoint +in a civil manner+ (backing it with cites is best), and you will be accepted.

Also familiarize yourself with our rules. They are intended to smooth out the bumps.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Did I say welcome to OCDO? Should have done that first. :D

epilogue

who passionately believes in something and who has already offered a peace making statement.

I get fired up when assumptions are made, incorrect assumptions get me there quicker.

Modifying the advice slightly:
...there [strike]will[/strike] may be those who oppose you. Just do your best to [strike]hold your ground[/strike] be reasonable and responsible, express your viewpoint +in a civil manner+ (backing it with cites is best), and you will be accepted.

In all honesty, this thread went light years off track. I'm really not looking for acceptance, I was looking for advice. I OC as much as is reasonable (temperature, holster rig that's appropriate, so on.) as the next guy.

Also familiarize yourself with our rules. They are intended to smooth out the bumps.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

I walk with the theory that anything said on a forum would and should be said face-to-face. Can text be misinterpreted? Of course. But the line between passionate and aggressive was pretty obvious to myself.

All of this over a piece of paper the commonwealth issues.

Did I say welcome to OCDO? Should have done that first. :D

Thanks, my stay should be short.

NovaCop

I get fired up when assumptions are made, incorrect assumptions get me there quicker.

In all honesty, this thread went light years off track. I'm really not looking for acceptance, I was looking for advice. I OC as much as is reasonable (temperature, holster rig that's appropriate, so on.) as the next guy.

I walk with the theory that anything said on a forum would and should be said face-to-face. Can text be misinterpreted? Of course. But the line between passionate and aggressive was pretty obvious to myself.

All of this over a piece of paper the commonwealth issues.

Thanks, my stay should be short.

Well if you are looking for advice and advice only about gun rights, then maybe you should consult an attorney? Of course that might involve you actually giving some of your time and money to someone with knowledge, which does not seem like what you want to do. This thread is not just to obtain knowledge for your own personal gain (for whatever that may be), but to involve yourself as well and add/take things from it. Sorry you got so offended during your 13 posts about gun ownership in VA. You sound very confrontational, and I apologize that the internet doesn't offer "face to face" confrontations for "internet tough guys". Good luck to you.

Last edited:

CharleyMarbles

Well if you are looking for advice and advice only about gun rights, then maybe you should consult an attorney? Of course that might involve you actually giving some of your time and money to someone with knowledge, which does not seem like what you want to do. This thread is not just to obtain knowledge for your own personal gain (for whatever that may be), but to involve yourself as well and add/take things from it. Sorry you got so offended during your 13 posts about gun ownership in VA. You sound very confrontational, and I apologize that the internet doesn't offer "face to face" confrontations for "internet tough guys". Good luck to you.

WOW This is as bad as Peter Naps attack you guys just ran off a potential ally to the cause was it realy worth it?
He did nothing to warrent your rude and very abrasive attacks he just wanted some objective oppinions on how to best accomplish his goals if you didn't want to help him out why didn't you just keep your traps shut??

Hope things work out for you Epilogue sorry my fellow members acted in such an offensive manner :)

NovaCop

WOW This is as bad as Peter Naps attack you guys just ran off a potential ally to the cause was it realy worth it?
He did nothing to warrent your rude and very abrasive attacks he just wanted some objective oppinions on how to best accomplish his goals if you didn't want to help him out why didn't you just keep your traps shut??

Hope things work out for you Epilogue sorry my fellow members acted in such an offensive manner :)

Several comments encouraged him to resort to civil comments, which he denied. I tried to be an ally an encourage him, but he shut me down. He is obviously not interested in the goals of the forum. 13 posts and he is being confrontational even with second/third chances. I am sorry Charleymarbles if you give six/seventh chances, but after the third/fourth, I don't mind calling someone out. Well to pleas you... I will order a round of hugs... for everyone!!!! Three for Charlie.

epilogue

Several comments encouraged him to resort to civil comments, which he denied. I tried to be an ally an encourage him, but he shut me down. He is obviously not interested in the goals of the forum. 13 posts and he is being confrontational even with second/third chances. I am sorry Charleymarbles if you give six/seventh chances, but after the third/fourth, I don't mind calling someone out. Well to pleas you... I will order a round of hugs... for everyone!!!! Three for Charlie.

...and I apologize that the internet doesn't offer "face to face" confrontations for "internet tough guys". Good luck to you.
I don't recall addressing you until now. Be sure that you're wearing white before saying my shirt is stained next time.

I also don't recall being given 'chances', this isn't a traffic stop, and you're not [strike]fishing[/strike] 'interviewing' me.

Peter is a passionate guy, I get it. I don't like the way he came at me in the thread, which also has led to a very large derail which I'm guilty of taking part in. My saying about "face-to-face" forum posting was about common courtesy shown to a stranger. I imagine few of us know each other from Adam.

-Epi

..............--Moderator Note--
This thread has ceased to be about OC or even RKBA.
All objectivity has been lost - personalities are NOT the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.