• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Az ars 13-3102

heiguns

Hello OC.org, my first time here, and really enjoy this website, lots of great useful information! My question is not exactly open carry, but i didn't know where else to put it.

So my question is this:
According to AZ ARS 13-3102 (Misconduct involving firearms)
Section A Para 2 says:
13-3102. Misconduct involving weapons; defenses; classification; definitions
A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:
2. Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or concealed within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation if the person is under twenty-one years of age; or

Then below that:
B. Subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall not apply to:
1. A person in his dwelling, on his business premises or on real property owned or leased by that person or that person's parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
2. A member of the sheriff's volunteer posse or reserve organization who has received and passed firearms training that is approved by the Arizona peace officer standards and training board and who is authorized by the sheriff to carry a concealed weapon pursuant to section 11-441.
3. A firearm that is carried in:
(a) A manner where any portion of the firearm or holster in which the firearm is carried is visible.
(b) A holster that is wholly or partially visible.
(c) A scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons that is wholly or partially visible.
(d) Luggage.
(e) A case, holster, scabbard, pack or luggage that is carried within a means of transportation or within a storage compartment, map pocket, trunk or glove compartment of a means of transportation.

Therefore, does this mean I am able to legally carry conceal on my or my parent's property, including own home, and possibly business property under the age of 21? I'm 19 and open carrying, and this question is more towards the business aspect, parents own business but don't want customers/guest to be intimidated by my firearm, but i still want to be able to have it with me. Any ideas to what this part of the law actually suggests?

ehewitt1990

Hello OC.org, my first time here, and really enjoy this website, lots of great useful information! My question is not exactly open carry, but i didn't know where else to put it.

So my question is this:
According to AZ ARS 13-3102 (Misconduct involving firearms)
Section A Para 2 says:

Then below that:

Therefore, does this mean I am able to legally carry conceal on my or my parent's property, including own home, and possibly business property under the age of 21? I'm 19 and open carrying, and this question is more towards the business aspect, parents own business but don't want customers/guest to be intimidated by my firearm, but i still want to be able to have it with me. Any ideas to what this part of the law actually suggests?

basically yes. if the owner of private property gives you permission, you can legally carry anyway you'd like, just like if you were in your own home.

Pace

When you become 21, since Arizona passed SB 1108, which allows now anyone (who is not prohibited from carrying a gun, or illegal areas) to conceal carry without a permit.

ehewitt1990

But MAKE SURE you have permission from the owners, if a LEO see you concealed carrying, and the owners say they never gave you permission, or they forget they gave you permission, you will get in a lot of trouble.

heiguns

Thanks for the info guys.
And the owner of the property is my parents, i'll consider if i want to risk concealing or i can just wait til i'm 21 :D

sharkey

But MAKE SURE you have permission from the owners, if a LEO see you concealed carrying, and the owners say they never gave you permission, or they forget they gave you permission, you will get in a lot of trouble.

How is a LEO gonna see him carrying concealed? The bigger concern is if you are carrying concealed on private property and then leave forgetting you're concealed and end up in a situation where you are subject to search. Now if you work as security or in an establishment that serves alcohol you may not legally carry.

ehewitt1990

How is a LEO gonna see him carrying concealed? The bigger concern is if you are carrying concealed on private property and then leave forgetting you're concealed and end up in a situation where you are subject to search. Now if you work as security or in an establishment that serves alcohol you may not legally carry.

If you look for it, you can normally tell if someone is CC a gun on their waist. Or at least i can.

sharkey

If you look for it, you can normally tell if someone is CC a gun on their waist. Or at least i can.

You've got a good point there. I'm always untucked though so when I conceal the only way you'll know is if you bump into me. Or God forbid, pose a threat to me or my family.

JesseL

How would the LEO know he was under 21? I've never heard of police in AZ demanding ID to verify the age of people they happen to spot carrying concealed.