• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USPSA/IPSC orIDPA Shoots

CJE

I was wondering if any of your guys did these shoots. Was looking into it and looks like it would be good practice and a blast to try. The only question I had about it is is it just pistol shoots or is says something about rifle and shotgun also so does that make it a team event does anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I did IPSC once at the Ripon Range , it was fun. I Still have my $ 150.00 Speed rig, Belt , 5 mag holders & speed holster..all made by Mach2Tactical. I will do it again when I have time.

M

McX

I did IPSC once at the Ripon Range , it was fun. I Still have my $ 150.00 Speed rig, Belt , 5 mag holders & speed holster..all made by Mach2Tactical. I will do it again when I have time.

glock, i hate you...........you have everything!

CJE

Do a lot of people show up to the shoots? Do you have to have any experience in order to do these shoots or can you just show up and try it on a day of competition?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Do a lot of people show up to the shoots? Do you have to have any experience in order to do these shoots or can you just show up and try it on a day of competition?

Yes, a lot of people show up, 20-40 people..it's fun. I believe for the first shoot you have to join the Ripon Club..maybe a $ 25.00 fee ? I am not sure been a few years.

Last edited:

apierce918

I started shooting idpa at the ripon range last year. No need to be a member.$17 for non members. Average about 40 people.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
IDPA is very valuable shooting skills practice and a lot of fun

Racine IDPA (http://www.racineidpa.com/) has monthly shoots and usually attracts 20 to 30 people. It is a lot of fun and you learn a lot about safe gun handling, drawing and shooting while moving, multiple targets, reloading, clearing malfunctions, and performing under pressure.

Last edited:

Luggo

Either one is big fun, and I'm sure nice people. You can always go and watch the first one and talk to people. Once you shoot a match in IDPA or USPSA you'll be hooked so be ready. You should go, period.

apierce918

they have an intro course in Ripon for IDPA on Mar 16th, and another on Mar 20th. The intro course is a $50 tax deductible donation, is from 8:00am - 5:00pm. Includes lunch.

I did this last year, and for the morning you talk about all the rules and such in a class setting, then after lunch it is range time

Last edited: