• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman kills intruder during home invasion, KANSAS CITY, MO

Dogbait

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
A woman opened fire, killing a gunman who had shoved her into a closet during a home invasion Monday, police said.

It happened just after 2 p.m. Monday in the 5800 block of Garfield Avenue.

The woman told police there was a knock on her door, and there were two men who were looking for a friend of hers. The woman said she was forced back into the house at gunpoint and into a closet while the men ransacked her house.

What the intruders did not know was that the woman had a gun of her own in that closet. She used it, shooting and killing one of those intruders.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/17367170/police-woman-kills-intruder-during-home-invasion

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Good for her. That reporter is dumb though in saying the man she shot and killed was a victim. He was never a victim in this encounter and shouldn't be called one. I hate liberal media.

J_Oliver

Oh the irony...

(BG #1) "We'll just shove her in the closet so she can't cause us any trouble while we ransack the place..."

(BG #2) "Yeah, it's not like people keep anything in there anyways..."
Little did they know...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Bowesmobile

Way to go! That woman deserves a medal, lol! The media is going to remain the same until someone like "We the people" changes it. I have been seeing a small shift but not enough to really make a difference.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

Good for her. That reporter is dumb though in saying the man she shot and killed was a victim. He was never a victim in this encounter and shouldn't be called one. I hate liberal media.

He wasn't called anything but his name or suspect in the print version.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
He wasn't called anything but his name or suspect in the print version.

They updated the story to the link since I commented. When the OP first posted the link, The article had no suspect names and called the guy she shot a victim when it described him stumbling outside and falling to the ground.

Ruby

They updated the story to the link since I commented. When the OP first posted the link, The article had no suspect names and called the guy she shot a victim when it described him stumbling outside and falling to the ground.

He was a victim-of his own stupidity. See, some people fix stupid on their own! Permanently!