• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brass Ball Awards

Jeff Hayes

1st a little back ground. I sent a friend, Jim, in Chicago a link to the KHQ-6 news story about me OCing to a Ron Paul rally. Jim thought that was a very brave but a very insane thing to do, remember Jim lives very near to Chicago, so he sent me a set of brass balls on a key ring. I had a good laugh about it.

I got to thinking and decided to start awarding brass balls to those that successfully stand up to law enforcement and walk away not arrested, not ticketed etc.

I awarded the first 3 sets during the 2nd annual OC camping trip to Wenatchee. They went to Deros72, M1Gunr and Gogodawgs for their interaction with a park ranger at Ft Worden Park.

I and only I will decide who gets this award, anyone can nominate anyone else, you may not nominate yourself, there must be witnesses, video or audio to back up the nomination. awards will only be handed out for current & future interactions. I will need a place to mail the award if you want it.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Do the right thing.

What I did was done because it was "the right thing to do". I believe doing what is right should be required of us all. I did nothing special, I did what we all do everyday. I did not allow another individual trample upon me, my Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. You all would have done the same, it was just my turn.

Thanks tho Robert. I am just following in your footsteps and the guy they hit before you.

sudden valley gunner

What I did was done because it was "the right thing to do". I believe doing what is right should be required of us all. I did nothing special, I did what we all do everyday. I did not allow another individual trample upon me, my Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. You all would have done the same, it was just my turn.

Thanks tho Robert. I am just following in your footsteps and the guy they hit before you.

All the more reason you should be nominated in my opinion.

When I received the reward from Jim and Bill, I didn't do it for the reward or for the recognition but because it's right. But I ain't going to lie it feels good to have doing the right thing recognized by others. And I greatly appreciate and thank those who are willing to put forth some effort in recognizing those who stand up for our rights. Guys like Jeff, Jim and Bill in simply recognizing the efforts of others show how great of people they are themselves.

Jeff Hayes

MSG You are here by awarded a set of Brass Balls for your actions during your encounter with Allen Bass. Your set was mailed to SVG today. Thank you for standing up for all of our rights. Thank you for doing the right thing.

Thank you SVG for taking care of giving the BB to MSG.

sudden valley gunner

MSG You are here by awarded a set of Brass Balls for your actions during your encounter with Allen Bass. Your set was mailed to SVG today. Thank you for standing up for all of our rights. Thank you for doing the right thing.

Thank you SVG for taking care of giving the BB to MSG.

It is my honor to present him with the award you have given.

Thank you Orphan for your efforts toward our rights.