• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry bill to be introduced when the new Legislative session starts in Jan.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Bronson,

Thank you for your email. We will be introducing a clean shall-issue concealed carry bill next Session, and we are looking forward to having a Governor who will sign the bill.

Sincerely,

Rep. Scott Gunderson

83rd Assembly District

Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:19 PM
To: Rep.Gunderson
Subject: concealed carry.

Hello, Scott

Your favorite Concealed carry pest from Green Bay here. Been about a year since my last email to you. I guess you know what this email is about already, lol. Was wondering if you were going to be introducing concealed carry legislation when the new legislative session starts in January as we now have a Governor that has came out in support of concealed carry plus with a republican Majority in both the Assembly & the senate the time is ripe for a CCW Bill. we have the momentum.

thanks again for being our voice !!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Just think of all of the new hire govt employees to administer the prerequisites to "shall issue", probably in the Doin' Nothing Regularly department.

Conservatism is a three-legged stool, fiscal conservatism, social conservatism and conservative foreign policy. Remove any one and it's just a moderately walkin' talkin' turd.

Spartacus

Banned
Just think of all of the new hire govt employees to administer the prerequisites to "shall issue", probably in the Doin' Nothing Regularly department.

Conservatism is a three-legged stool, fiscal conservatism, social conservatism and conservative foreign policy. Remove any one and it's just a moderately walkin' talkin' turd.

Except for the unnecessary DNR slam you finally said something I can understand and agree on.

Gunslinger

Give good old Doug an uncut 30 caret diamond and he'll whine about it isn't shiny enough. As he sits on his two legged stool...

hardballer

Doug is right as rain folks, A concealed carry bill is not the Republican platform. Constitutional carry is. Licensed Concealed carry is glorified registration.

It just means bigger government, more intrusion into your private affairs and can endanger what we already have. Not to mention the increased cost of carry which can be very limiting for some Wisconsin residents.

Constitutional carry is best.

As for the DNR, they do a fine and dangerous job but they have way to much power and need to be neutered. The WNRB should be disbanded and the DNR put under a Law enforcement wing with much more direct input from the people.

oak1971

The way politicking works, you ask for more than you want at the outset and hope to get what you really want at the end. Starting out in a compromise position only guarantees you get even less of what you want.

Demand permit free, document free, and stick to it till there is no other choice.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
deleted sexually suggestive comment. Knock it off, Doug. -moderator Dangerous Not Really, that's their name, away go your troubles down the drain.

"Compromise is failure on the installment plan." Except to pols that have already gotten what they want - a sinecure like selling rights as privileged indulgences of the state.

Last edited:

The Don

The way politicking works, you ask for more than you want at the outset and hope to get what you really want at the end. Starting out in a compromise position only guarantees you get even less of what you want.

Demand permit free, document free, and stick to it till there is no other choice.

+10000000!!!!

I've been saying that for a long time now. Stating from the start that you're willing to accept permitted/licensed carry of some sort is like walking into a car dealership and say, "I absolutely will NOT pay more than 16k for this car! But if I have to, I can go as high as 18k." Guess what, idiot...you just guaranteed you're paying at least 18k for that car.

We're right (no pun intended), they're not. Make them come to us, not the other way around.

Vandil

At least the snowball is rolling down hill now. Without the big bald fat head standing on the other side pushing it back up the hill saying my way my way or the highway!

I'm still torked off at Doyle years later.:cuss:

oak1971

At least the snowball is rolling down hill now. Without the big bald fat head standing on the other side pushing it back up the hill saying my way my way or the highway!

I'm still torked off at Doyle years later.:cuss:

Reminds me of a country western song..."Are we rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell?....."

Last edited: