• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

legislation that would ban high-capacity ammunition "clips"

NRAMARINE

In November of 2010, a prominent Dem pollster (Mark Penn) stated--on MSNBC--that "Obama needed a similar event" to Oklahoma City to reconnect with the people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_0Ixm21tn8
Oh, say can you see,
By the Glock's eerie light.
What so proudly they hailed
at the false flag's wild screaming.
And we won't even go into the disdain for Rep. Giffords that the current administration held--her centrist views, her pro-2A stance, her strong stance on border security--she was certainly no poster child for the current Administration...

And we won't go into Judge Roll's proclivities either--the fact that he was one of the most pro-2A Federal Judges on the bench, that he was a Bush appointee, or that he successfully challenged parts of the Brady Bill, which he got overturned by the SCOTUS...

Judging by these two politico's track records, if ANYONE wanted to assassinate them, it would be someone on the FAR LEFT...

I don't mean nothin' by that... I'm just sayin'...

"NRAMARINE", you are right, this whole event DOES have an odd aroma--and it smells a LOT like a false flag...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_0Ixm21tn8

Not to mention the fact that it conveniently held up all votes in the house. Now instead of repealing the healthcare takeover, everyone's screaming about gun control and "heated rhetoric". They even want to bring back the fairness doctrine to shut down their opposition. Like you said, the left sacrifices a pawn they don't even like, blame the right and get what they want based on fear.

Pace

all sides do this, as all politician have contingency plans for almost all events and how to respond.

Liberals = when something bad happens with guns they want to say its the gun's fault.
Conservatives = want to blame drugs for violence and legislate the crap out of it.

I've said it 100 times on these forums, all legislation whether guns or drugs is bad, all the laws are used to prevent freedom.

Funny how that works, almost like they have them waiting in the wings to go off so they can "make their point" and pass laws...

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Every time the media uses the word "clips" they are deliberately using a deceptive word to subliminally scare people. They know that they are called magazines. They use the word "clip" to persuade the ignorant that mass destruction is nothing more than a "clip."

I wish someone would testify in front of Congress holding a true M-1 and a .5.56 clip.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg, a gun control advocate from the state of New Jersey, announced plans on Monday to introduce legislation that would ban high-capacity ammunition clips, like the one used in Saturday's attack.

"The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly. These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market," Mr Lautenberg said.

Can we say, "tool?" What if you're defending yourself against an angry mob, like the Marine and his wife who were beat up outside the movie theater?

ETA, I wasn't talking about you, Chiang! I was talking about Lautenberg. Who cares how many people we may need to defend ourselves against. If we guess wrong and undercarry, it's our fault, no one else's.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

High capacity "clips".

Well since I don't carry a gun that requires "clips".......

But I am anti legislation that would limit those who want to have high capacity clips for their revolver.

elixin77

Seeing as how the only gun I have that is "clip fed" is my Mosin-Nagant 1891/30. It's super crazy high capacity of 5 is not at risk. And even then, the bullets are held in an internal magazine.

So, does that mean that stripper clips that hold more than 10 rounds are going to be outlawed? Better store up.

CDT COX

Don't all these people realize the VT shooter used the same weapon and killed more people with a magazines with half the capacity.

CDT COX

"The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly. These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market," Mr Lautenberg said.

I love how he disregards the thousands of people that have them and have never killed anyone. He makes it out that if anything could be used to break the law, then it should be outlawed. By his logic: "The only reason to have a car capable of 80mph+ to speed and out run law enforcement. These high-speed cars simply should not be on the market"