• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What happen to what use to be regular posters?

28kfps

What happen to TimF343, greengum, 792shooter, Sabotage70, varminter22 just to name a few of what use to be regular posters? No more talk about meet up’s or eat and meets.

gmijackso

I can't speak for any of them, but I personally have gone from reading every single post on the page every day, and semi-frequent posting, to skimming only the titles that intrigue me the most and rarely posting. I feel like there has been some falling apart of the forum goals. It seems as though the in-fighting has multiplied about a thousand times what it used to be. It seems as though there are many posters that seem to be pushing their own personal goals, be it promote the Coalition, or bash them, promote or bash the NRA, etc. Then on the few threads that actually ARE about helping someone or, furthering knowledge, the same groups of people show up and drive the thread off-topic by fighting about random things.

All in all, the forum has become less "worth the time invested" in that the amount of time filtering through the fighting has increased dramatically and the quality content seems to be decreasing.

28kfps

I can't speak for any of them, but I personally have gone from reading every single post on the page every day, and semi-frequent posting, to skimming only the titles that intrigue me the most and rarely posting. I feel like there has been some falling apart of the forum goals. It seems as though the in-fighting has multiplied about a thousand times what it used to be. It seems as though there are many posters that seem to be pushing their own personal goals, be it promote the Coalition, or bash them, promote or bash the NRA, etc. Then on the few threads that actually ARE about helping someone or, furthering knowledge, the same groups of people show up and drive the thread off-topic by fighting about random things.

All in all, the forum has become less "worth the time invested" in that the amount of time filtering through the fighting has increased dramatically and the quality content seems to be decreasing.

I agree, it has become less valuable to the open carry person and more of a bitch form. It was the old timers as a group that helped in a productive way to keep the form on track and flowing with the original accepted etiquette.

When we did have our meet ups talking to some of the OCers one on one several said when it comes to the long bantering strings, the ones that have one or two of the same posters making dozens of postings they just stop reading it once the string starts in that direction.

We have lost not all however many several very knowledgeable poster that really knew how to explain, and how to research some of the laws.
Thanks for your input.

Nevada carrier

I'm still around but things often change in peoples lives that require them to direct the bulk of their attention elsewhere. I used to be on here quite a bit, now I just pop in a read from times to time. This is mostly due to my focus on school, work to pay for it, and now that I'm on summer break, shopping for a house. over the last several months there haven't been too many new attempts by authorities to infringe on our right to carry. A few stories about the private sector, but ultimately, all we can do there is write a letter and hope they come to their senses.

The Big Guy

As Carrier said, there isn't too much in the way of problems with local authorities these days. The only things we have left are some problems with private property and the work towards bringing Clark Co around and some legislative issues. Neither is going to be solved on here. Though kicking ideas around is always positive with this regard I don't know what more could be said on the subject. There may be an update from time to time.

I agree that most of the time spent on here is endless arguments where no one wins, or even gains ground with endless back and forth. It just tends to divide us into camps. Not good. If I give my opinion and it looks like it is turning into an argument, I quit responding. Somtimes that is hard to do.

I look forward to the time when there is no reason to even have this forum.

TBG

28kfps

As Carrier said, there isn't too much in the way of problems with local authorities these days. The only things we have left are some problems with private property and the work towards bringing Clark Co around and some legislative issues. Neither is going to be solved on here. Though kicking ideas around is always positive with this regard I don't know what more could be said on the subject. There may be an update from time to time.

I agree that most of the time spent on here is endless arguments where no one wins, or even gains ground with endless back and forth. It just tends to divide us into camps. Not good. If I give my opinion and it looks like it is turning into an argument, I quit responding. Somtimes that is hard to do.

I look forward to the time when there is no reason to even have this forum.

TBG

Thanks for the replies. Good luck on the school Nevada carrier. Yep Big Guy hoping some day to see it commonplace where the 2A is accepted as it is writing.

Anyone know if Sabotage is still around?

Sabotage70

Thanks for the replies. Good luck on the school Nevada carrier. Yep Big Guy hoping some day to see it commonplace where the 2A is accepted as it is writing.

Anyone know if Sabotage is still around?

I'm still around. I've just been laying low and lurking a bit. And yes, the ******* matches is part of the reason.

I wanted to get a BBQ going in May. But between what I had going on and trying to work around my wives schedule I just couldn't make it happen. It's a little late to get one going for this weekend. But we can do something next sat.

greengum

I still post but I hardly ever respond to other peoples posts for a number of reasons. First is, a seemingly regular post turns into 2 guys arguing over the most random mundane thing. Second is religion gets thrown into the mix for some reason these days. Third is there are a number of folks on here who want to get coalitions, clubs, organizations, groups, or lobby parties together. Well I do not respond to those post because unlike many of you guys I do not seem to have the time to research all of them so the only thing I would have to contribute would be conjecture or an ignorant opinion.

I really think that the "older" guys have moved on to other endeavors involving Rights and freedoms and bad laws. Quite frankly it has become common place to OC here in Henderson and Las Vegas in regards to law enforcement. With few exceptions of course like the DMV issue. I have been open carrying for awhile now, and started in California. Want to talk about dead boards! Geeez! I will continue to post about my experiences (I always seem to get into trouble!) for entertainment reasons and maybe we learn a little from it. Maybe because OC is just so common with me now it has lost some of its advocative properties. I remember when I would look forward to coming here and seeing new threads and discussions on older threads when I got home from work. Not so much these days and I really do not know why. Maybe for some of the reasons listed above or maybe I just got lazy. I would love to go to another meet up one of these days. Send me a PM if one gets going.

Lostlittlerobot

I've gone from reading everyday and trying to reply to questions when possible, to reading about once a week, mostly just seeing if anything new and crazy happened. Mostly covered in above posts, there's less law enforcement interactions. Most of my posts personally were from first encountering a problem. Once I've conquered that obstacle, I don't often repost about it on here. I still try to put up anything major, but over the years of reading and posting, and becoming so familiar with the laws and carrying in daily life, I've fewer questions and problems - hence less activity. However, I still come across the occasional thing, and like today, try to post it up there and hope for responses/help. (see thread about Orleans)

No matter how passionately we all are about our rights and safety, complacency can affect anyone anytime. I'd rather have it affect me posting to a message board about laws and safety, than ACTUALLY affect my safety. So I let slip sometimes on reading here.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I agree and also take responsibility for contributing to the piss!ng match. Look what we have done, the AG had a OC warning on the webpage a couple years ago, the resort corridors were off limits, Now we are OC'ing the DMV... lots of accomplishments and it appears we have come into two strains of thought. Those that believe a "Organization" would do better, and those that think the Organization would have never gone where we went.... and we are all right! cause we are "we the people." So no encounters lately? sorry to hear about your luck...

Tim and I went to serve three defendants in my 1983 action, we went to METRO first because our belief has always been that they are the most proffesional, well as they say life comes at you fast and we had a level 3.89465912 encounter, most of which I caught streaming online...(encounters are out there) So yes we are going through changes, it is good that we are not getting stopped the minuet we hit the "bricks" and we need to Don our support shirts for our cause... and ralley around our brothers/ Sisters

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Too bad pool party is incompatible with open carry.

But CONCEALED carry can be fun. ;)

A long time ago, in a pool yard far far away, my parents hosted a party for the Homicide detectives that my dad worked with (of course, there was a safe place for everyone's social pistols). The Animals and their families came from all over the county, so they were showing up all afternoon.

As the party got going and everyone began to unwind, someone got the idea of luring every new arrival out to the pool after they stowed their weapons but before they had a chance to change into their swimsuits, and throw the men into the water still in their suits and coats.

Things went swimmingly (so to speak), until my dad's partner and his family arrived (the last to show up). "Uncle Charlie" was surprisingly easy to drag out and get pushed into the pool . . .and when he climbed out, he was laughing as he started reaching into his pockets, handing pistols back to their respective owners!

He had heard the noise from the pool yard, figured out what was happening, and instead of putting his pistol up in the "gun room" had instead collected all of them . . .turning the pool party into a gun-cleaning party, complete with contests to see how fast the deputies (and the wives who owned some of the guns) could strip and reassemble the pistols. IIRC, the strip part was no problem, but unless you've ever seen a half-drunk guy try to reassemble a revolver, blindfolded, after his buddies have mixed up the pile of parts in a Yahtzee cup, you don't know what fun is!

I will never be able to smell the combination of tiki torches, Hoppes No 9 and barbecuing steak without getting a smile.

DISCLAIMER: I will take no responsibility for any actions taken by others which might involve guns and water. XD