• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry South of Ashland

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's been a dangerous week. Nearly 50 ticks so far and I was afraid to shoot any of them (I used a lighter instead)

I left my guns in the vehicle for the most part, spotted my 600 pound bear and a little 90 pound yearling, got GC pictures of a new Coydog I'll set traps for later in the week and a GC picture of my first fawn this year.

Zeus misses his air conditioning.
No Possum Cops Bob!:lol:

atv.jpg

gun.jpg

yote-1.jpg

fawn.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Billy Bob ain't afraid of no Possum Cops! :lol:

I will voice my opinion on Possum Cops, flyboys at low altitudes, Dog Hunters and fat girls in spandex jogging suits, on Tuesday.

Can't do it here or it will upset the ModEDtor:lol:

This is the end of a very long week!:eek:

bear-butt.jpg

Last edited:

scouser

I will voice my opinion on Possum Cops, flyboys at low altitudes, Dog Hunters and fat girls in spandex jogging suits, on Tuesday. ...

thanks a bunch for reminding me what I saw get out of a car at a 7-11 in Culpeper on Friday afternoon while I was dropping 4000 gallons of gasoline in the ground there. It was all I could do not to gouge my eyes out with the crowbar I was holding :eek:

dbwarfare2000

Noticed your from ashland peter...was browsing the forum about open carry laws bc a black bear sneaked up on me off the anna river while i was catfishing. right around old ridge rd and hickory hill. popped his jaw at me and huffed and puffed. i didnt think there were any bears around there lol.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Noticed your from ashland peter...was browsing the forum about open carry laws bc a black bear sneaked up on me off the anna river while i was catfishing. right around old ridge rd and hickory hill. popped his jaw at me and huffed and puffed. i didnt think there were any bears around there lol.

Welcome to the OCDO dbwarfare2000 - lots of good people from all over here, but I ain't standing behind you on that one :uhoh: Peter sees Ashland as far enough north as to be the extreme limit of his comfort zone. (It's an inside joke)

Come to our dinner tomorrow night and get the rest of the story. Peter will regale you.:lol:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...a-June-OC-Dinner-June-12th-2012-at-7-pm/page3