• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO Awareness Campaign

LESGTINCT

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but I'm still trying to find what the LEO said that got this uproar going. Maybe some one can point out what he said that got some on here upset. The way I read it he agreed with us on these issues.

Some have made the comment to him that he should fix the "bad LEO's" but wouldn't that be like him saying that we need to fix the "bad citizens"?:confused:

When you find out, please let me know.

LESGTINCT

And the jack-holes that spout off when they DO think about what they're saying.

LESGTINCT, don't run off because you don't uniformly find love and kisses here, but understand that at least some people here have come by their feelings because of experience.

Then again, there are others who simply salivate when a bell rings.

I don't plan on running off. Just as I shouldn't treat/judge everyone I come in contact with the same feelings because they were a-holes, people in this forum shouldn't either.

Fuller Malarkey

No physical threat, an acknowledgement of a reality. When a large group of armed, aggressive and unaccountable people engage in separating a select few armed individuals from the security of witnesses with what appears to be no other intent than to force them into submission.....there could be problems. I can't afford to be anything other than realistic about that.[/QUO

What kind of problems? Hmmm, you are being very vague. Is it on purpose? I think so and it is obvious what you are trying to say. I would be sure of yourself before making such a statements based on "what appears to be".

To the contrary. I am very direct, and it is that directness that you don't care for. I am more than adequately articulate, and equally deliberate. I said what I meant and meant what I said. Attempting to change the context of my statements is disingenuous at the least. There is nothing ambiguous in my posts. They can be taken at face value. Or they can be taken out of context.

What the officer has displayed here is a logical fallacy, an accusation / question with a false presupposition. [you are being very vague. Is it on purpose? I think so and it is obvious what you are trying to say. I would be sure of yourself before making such a statements based on "what appears to be".] It's a loaded question, one of the "gotchas" used by police. It's a common ploy, used daily by sales people to close sales. "Will you be using cash or credit"....will cut to the chase and confirm a sale is taking place and closing, or more needs to be done to compel a decision and overcome objections to the sale. It has some shame based origins, like if a police officer were to walk into a room of people and loudly say "are you molesting that child?" with two intentions: One, to discredit the person they addressed and trusting instinct will put the accused on the defense. And two, the accuser manipulates any unwanted attention from themselves, and escapes answering hard to answer questions.