• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Center Mass Firearms on Boulder Highway in Henderson admittedly anti-OC

The Big Guy

While there is certainly something to be said for supporting a smaller dedicated gun shop over an outdoor superstore, Sportsman's Warehouse has the best reloading selection and prices in town, and specifically welcomes open carry; on the complete opposite side of the valley, of course.

Where is Sportsman's Warehouse? Spurlocks does not have a very good selection for reloading stuff and the prices are high compared to online. I'm looking for a local shop that has good powder and primer selection at good prices.

I buy most of my reloading stuff from Midway and Ballistic Products.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/storelocator/slStoreDetails.jsp?&siteNo=222

Centennial Center near Ann Road. About as far from your place as it can be. They have no plans to reopen the store that used to be on Lake Mead Drive (Parkway) near Water St.

You will LOVE this store.

Most of my stuff still comes from Midway because I get dealer pricing there, and I like to shop in my underwear.

But if I need it right away, I go to SW; and I always stop in there when I'm in the area.

Vegassteve

Where is Sportsman's Warehouse? Spurlocks does not have a very good selection for reloading stuff and the prices are high compared to online. I'm looking for a local shop that has good powder and primer selection at good prices.

I buy most of my reloading stuff from Midway and Ballistic Products.

TBG

Tim if you need some stuff let me know. Sportsmans is close to me and I would be happy to pick stuff up and meet ya halfway someplace.

The Big Guy

Change in ownership, change in policy.

Stopped by Center Mass today to check on Blue Card petition. First thing I noticed was the large sign on the outside of the building stating no loaded firearms was missing. Then going through the door I found the one that once was in the entry way was also gone. It seems that they have had a change in ownership and the new owner welcomes OC.

Was in The Gun Store a couple weeks ago and did not see any signs against OC. I wandered around and spent the $10.00 gift certificate the wife got for calling in to Bob's radio show without comment.

Are we making progress? Seems so.

TBG

Last edited:

peckerwood1986

Center mass was restructured so to say. They have changed alot of their rules and dropped alot of the prices. I actually have a transfer heading their way. I have to say I have never entered their store so I am curious to see the store.

Vegassteve

Center mass was restructured so to say. They have changed alot of their rules and dropped alot of the prices. I actually have a transfer heading their way. I have to say I have never entered their store so I am curious to see the store.

Except the still wont allow reloads to be used on range. I sent them a note stating that all other ranges I used didnt allow it. They told me that the owners, who it seems also have a interest in the gun store, the range 702 and another store, didnt allow it either. I dont know about the gun store but range 702 allows it with no issue. Just used them on wednesday again no issues.

peckerwood1986

Except the still wont allow reloads to be used on range. I sent them a note stating that all other ranges I used didnt allow it. They told me that the owners, who it seems also have a interest in the gun store, the range 702 and another store, didnt allow it either. I dont know about the gun store but range 702 allows it with no issue. Just used them on wednesday again no issues.

To be honest I dont use indoor ranges.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
As the OP, I probably should have remembered to update this thread. It wasn't long after several negatives comments about their policies on the NV Shooters site that they had this change. I like to think we helped.

Vegassteve

As the OP, I probably should have remembered to update this thread. It wasn't long after several negatives comments about their policies on the NV Shooters site that they had this change. I like to think we helped.

I hope we did, but they also changed owners at the same time. So who knows. At least whoever is in charge allows it. Squeaky wheels get greased.

peckerwood1986

They are closer than driving out in the desert and easy for a group to use before a dinner meeting etc. They work for us. As far as Center Mass until that is resolved I wont use them.

I didnt say anything is wrong with them I just prefer to be outside I use ccsp

Onesigguy

I heard about the shop from a friend of mine over at big guns enterprises. They are well over priced on alot of their guns and ammo. Besides i stick with a gun store that treats other gun owners with respect. You guys should check them out. They are on mtn vista and ramrod in henderson. They ammo is pretty good for the price and service is awesome.

peckerwood1986

Many of us here do not use ccsp because of the county violating our rights. Please think about doing the same.

We have already had this talk and I made my choice and I will continue to use the range if you choose not to then that is fine but drop it.

Vegassteve

We have already had this talk and I made my choice and I will continue to use the range if you choose not to then that is fine but drop it.

I will not drop it. When someone says they use that range I will politely ask them to reconsider. A little inconvenience goes along way to showing the county our rights can not be trampled. I choose to stand up for all of us. As do others.

peckerwood1986

I will not drop it. When someone says they use that range I will politely ask them to reconsider. A little inconvenience goes along way to showing the county our rights can not be trampled. I choose to stand up for all of us. As do others.

Ok Steve whatever helps you sleep at night or makes you feel better.