• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart in Germantown posted?

pkbites

Someone told me tonight that they were told by their spouse that the Germantown Walmart is posted. Anyone know if this is true?

This would surprise me, I've yet to see any Walmarts posted.

I'm going to be extra busy this week, otherwise I'd take a drive up and check it out.

MKEgal

I've only been in there a couple times, but never any problem & I haven't seen a sign.
Next time I'm up that way I'll try to remember to drive by & check.

pkbites

I've only been in there a couple times, but never any problem & I haven't seen a sign.
Next time I'm up that way I'll try to remember to drive by & check.

My week is extraordinarily busy, so I didn't think I'd have a chance to do this (which is why I posted the question here) but I had to run up to West Bend today, so on the way I made a quick stop to the Germantown Walmart.

I checked every single door. They are not posted. I spoke to manager "TJ" (who refused to give me his full name, even when I fully explained what my objective was. WTF?:mad: You're the manager and you're embarrassed about it? People in charge should be willing to identify.) Anyway, TJ confirmed they are not posted.

The person who told me the store was posted, and his spouse, are usually good sources and observant people. But I knew it would be odd for a Walmart to be posted in ultra conservative Washington County! There is a lesson in this: trust, but verify!

-Peter Beitz

Last edited:

GreenCountyPete

some times it is easy to see the laundry list of prohibited things with a slash thru them and think it is especially from a distance.

when i first started carrying i would drive by the entrance and see the circle slash and leave my gun in the car just to find that when i got all the way up to the door it was a no shirt , no shoes , no pets , no smoking , no loitering, no soliciting , no cameras , no roller shoes but on close inspection guns and spending money were about the only thing they didn't prohibit.

Last edited: