• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finding an Open Carry Bank

pierceddwes

For the past 8 years i have been with BOK but with recent developments i am seeking a new bank. Every bank i arrived at had a Gun Buster sign and was not welcoming. I sent out emails and I am waiting for a response. Here are the list of Banks in the east tulsa/broken arrow area i visited.
RCB
ICB
Arvest
Citizens Security Bank
Communication Federal Union
First National Bank & Trust
Midfirst Bank
Red Crown Union

Here is the Copy of the email i sent.
"Hello, my name is Wesxxx xxxxxx. I have a residence in Broken Arrow, OK. I am in the market of looking for a new bank, I want to have a checking savings account and refinance my newer 2010 vehicle. I have a Oklahoma Carry license and I carry my weapon openly in its holster, this has been proven to deter crime. I am a law abiding citizen. I arrived at your store to receive information and was met with a “NO WEAPONS” sign. Your business has lost my business. Thank You. If you are ever willing to change this policy or if it is even your company’s policy please contact me."

I hope that these business reconsider updating their policy's to modern times for their best interestes.

i will post updates when and if they arrive.

Last edited:

hrdware

BancFirst is generally firearms friendly and I thought Arvest was going CC only, that may be up to the branch manager though.

websterz

RCB sux and it goes WELL beyond their anti-gun stance. Get this...I can use my RCB ATM card in every pay-per-use ATM in town, but they refuse to work in any machines owned by RCB. The bank tells me it's a problem with my card, so I get a brand new one and it makes no difference. I am on my 4th card since RCB came in and took over our old bank (great service from them before this) and none of them have worked right. Pull out that green POS card in any store and the clerks automatically say "Here, let me key it in by hand" because they know the damn things won't work.

glock22oc

The BancFirst branches I have been in are not posted and have been in them numerous times and nothing has ever been said.

pierceddwes

BancFirst is generally firearms friendly and I thought Arvest was going CC only, that may be up to the branch manager though.

Find that disparaging that Arvest would make that policy. I am about to go check out a BancFirst in cow town.

Last edited:

pierceddwes

First Response

Thank you for your message. We respect your right to openly carry your weapon and you are most certainly entitled to your views and choice of where you do business. We however also believe that most individuals are considerate and respect the views of others. We hope you can appreciate that a weapon in a financial institution could be alarming to our employees and others conducting business.

Kind regards,

stephen lark | vice president marketing and corporate development
Communication Federal Credit Union | comfedcu.org

pierceddwes

I have been victorious! i passed by a Chase bank and decided to check it out. I have some friends who are with chase and like them. I checked the door, no sign so i walked in. I sat down with a banker and she noticed my firearm she said "i thought you could not have that in here" and i responded it was not posted on the door. She said "oh well your fine" and i told her if its not the policy i want to know. She got up and went to the manager, he had no problem and told her it was fine so i assume its company policy. She was a great person very helpful and i have a new bank. Thank You Chase bank for being understanding...

Last edited:

hermannr

First Response

Thank you for your message. We respect your right to openly carry your weapon and you are most certainly entitled to your views and choice of where you do business. We however also believe that most individuals are considerate and respect the views of others. We hope you can appreciate that a weapon in a financial institution could be alarming to our employees and others conducting business.

Kind regards,

stephen lark | vice president marketing and corporate development
Communication Federal Credit Union | comfedcu.org

I would answer this email with: "So, you do not allow Law Enforcement to enter your CU armed?"

pierceddwes

I would answer this email with: "So, you do not allow Law Enforcement to enter your CU armed?"

yes I felt a sarcastic tone in his remark, did not please me to read it. Of course I congratulated him on his prompt response and thanked him, just the nice person I am. :)

pierceddwes

second response.

"Dear Mr. Wilson,

Thank you for emailing us to voice your concern. I am sorry we were unable to have the opportunity to gain your business. If our No Guns policy is ever changed we will definitely be in contact with you.

Thank you,

Tony Huerta
Security / Operations Officer
Citizens Security Bank
thuerta@citizenssecurity.com
14821 S Memorial
P.O. Box 130
Bixby, Ok 74008
Phone: 918-366-1907
Fax: 918-366-6358
Cell: 918-852-0711"

51rattruck

I bank with City National bank. they are the ones that have branches in Walmarts. they have now signs I have carried in there just like I would in walmart.
Steve

Elm Creek Smith

I went to the IBC Bank branch in Owasso last weekend to get change for my wife and saw for the first time a "no guns" sign :mad: on the front glass (not the door). :banghead: It was very unobtrusive,:uhoh: and if I hadn't been looking for it I wouldn't have seen it. There wasn't a real manager present, so I wasn't able to express my displeasure, but I'll be finding a new bank.:p

ECS

TJ Norman

Ibc

I got kinda excited that I wouldn't need to change banks after not seeing a sign on my way into the branch. But alas it was there very small and just off the floor. Grr. Guess its the drive through and check the other branches, until I find some where else to put what little money I have in a bank.

hrdware

I got kinda excited that I wouldn't need to change banks after not seeing a sign on my way into the branch. But alas it was there very small and just off the floor. Grr. Guess its the drive through and check the other branches, until I find some where else to put what little money I have in a bank.

The two BancFirst locations on Memorial are open carry friendly...have carried in both on several occasions.

redneckanize

The only bank i have been able to oc in is the American Heritage inside walmart. Wsfcu, ttcu, and all other ahb locations are not gun friendly.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2