• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Photos from the Rally in Olympia

O_Kellogg

It was great to meet some folks from both sites and Oath Keepers today!!

I was pretty disappointed with the overall turnout. Didn't expect to find parking after 10:30 - Must have been the weather:uhoh:
Maybe the revolution will be under calm, mostly sunny skies, @ 68*F, but I doubt it...:banghead:

AFAICT, OCDO, Waguns, and of course Oath Keepers, made up the majority. Thanks guys!!

OK

Alpine

I haven't seen any local news media coverage yet besides Dave on the Examiner. Anyone see anything yet?

birdus

I used a Panasonic LX-5. Each photo has all the specifics shown at the bottom (camera, focal length, aperture, ISO, etc.). Did a bit of post processing in Adobe Lightroom.

Great pics! Don't know if you did any post-work on the photos for B/C, but they were crystal-clear from the get-go. What camera-lens combo was used?

Also, the natural lighting and clouds gave me chills. Something foreboding.

Rusty Young Man

I haven't seen any local news media coverage yet besides Dave on the Examiner. Anyone see anything yet?
It was ignored by the media.

Of course it was ignored, nothing bad happened that they can report in order to advance their anti-Rights agenda.

I used a Panasonic LX-5. Each photo has all the specifics shown at the bottom (camera, focal length, aperture, ISO, etc.). Did a bit of post processing in Adobe Lightroom.

I didn't find the stamp on the photos. Great work, especially liked the more panoramic-like shot (the one with the menacing-looking dome in the background).
For dramatic shots, the one with the trooper talking to one of the guys there was nice, and the little kid looking over his parent's shoulder while holding a squirt gun is pretty dramatic. My favorite one might be the one of the OCing bearded man with his two children (son on his shoulders, daughter by his side).

Last edited:

RogueReflections

Media Coverage

I invited 2 journalist friends of mine. I did not hear back from one and the other declined the invite. I decided I would just go and shoot the photos and do a write up. I am glad I was not the only "citizen journalist" at this event.
Excellent shots.

- Rogue Reflections -

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Because it was poorly conceived. We have had several rally's with no real momentum therefore we are experiencing political fatigue. Continuing to have a rally every few months in Olympia, which is not a population center in Washington will continue to demonstrate a declining and lackluster outcome.

RogueReflections

Location Location Location

Continuing to have a rally every few months in Olympia, which is not a population center in Washington will continue to demonstrate a declining and lackluster outcome.

While the State Capital has significant political value, I have to agree that holding it there might not be the best venue. If held in Seattle, there would be more of a population that took notice. Of course, there WOULD be counter protesters too. I can not imagine them not turning out for this. I would agree with Badkarma: holding it at West Lake or Seattle Center could prove to be a better option for political statement and impact.

- Rogue Reflections -

tombrewster421

Of course it was ignored, nothing bad happened that they can report in order to advance their anti-Rights agenda.

I didn't find the stamp on the photos. Great work, especially liked the more panoramic-like shot (the one with the menacing-looking dome in the background).
For dramatic shots, the one with the trooper talking to one of the guys there was nice, and the little kid looking over his parent's shoulder while holding a squirt gun is pretty dramatic. My favorite one might be the one of the OCing bearded man with his two children (son on his shoulders, daughter by his side).

That was me and my kids.