• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Save the date - Sunday Oct 5th

solus

Looking forward to it.

We'll bring dominoes and Fluxx cards. If you don't know Fluxx, remember -- draw one, play one. Fewer rules than gun safety!

darn, thought we could try shooting out the center of the cards after they were tacked on trees. additionally, i am sure much to the consternation of a multitude of ppl, i am not holding the cards, or the tiles, while you shot at them!!

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
darn, thought we could try shooting out the center of the cards after they were tacked on trees. additionally, i am sure much to the consternation of a multitude of ppl, i am not holding the cards, or the tiles, while you shot at them!!

ipse
Lay down and hold the card in your teeth - I am an expert at this :lol:

Back on topic - It just dawned on me of the double entendre with Pig Roast - course we don't want to bash collectively LEOs here, but it is open season on those who step into "it" of their own accord.

Skid is politely pointing out (ya I know) that he is thumbing his nose at those that would have thrown him under the bus AND more importantly saying a very big -Thank You- for those who stood strong with him. That ladies and gentlemen is a class act!

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Calendar marked (Even though it's two days after Bow season starts) BBQ Guns cleaned and loaded, camera batteries charged, and Zeus can stay home because he'll want the whole pig.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Calendar marked (Even though it's two days after Bow season starts) BBQ Guns cleaned and loaded, camera batteries charged, and Zeus can stay home because he'll want the whole pig.

We may send some bones home. Pulled pork - long pork. All samey-same.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Send a couple of big pieces of the rind/skin for Zeus - he'll love to play with it. It develops certain unique aromatic qualities :p

Obviously you are not [yet] aquainted with lechon. Go read all about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lechon and then hang your head in shame for suggesting it could serve as a playtoy.

Although I'm sure Zeus would love some lechon - if there is any left over after the barbarians discover it.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Obviously you are not [yet] aquainted with lechon. Go read all about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lechon and then hang your head in shame for suggesting it could serve as a playtoy.

Although I'm sure Zeus would love some lechon - if there is any left over after the barbarians discover it.

stay safe.

I like pork skins - does that count?

I remember a family pet that rolled on a slab of rancid pork fat, grinding it into his coat. Believe he thought he had found the perfect aphrodisiac.

After several baths, he was still relegated to sleeping on the back porch for several days.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
and no muslims or pc police!

Beef ribs are on tap for anybody that does not like pork - including some folks of that ilk who I seriously hope will be travelling to join us. Cole slaw and 'tater salad are parve so everybody can have some. Not sure if BBQ beans are or are not - so consumer emptor.

As for the PC Polic - probably not. Henrico County Police? Still debating if off-duty ones should be hired to protect us from the local coppers.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Beef ribs are on tap for anybody that does not like pork - including some folks of that ilk who I seriously hope will be travelling to join us. Cole slaw and 'tater salad are parve so everybody can have some. Not sure if BBQ beans are or are not - so consumer emptor.

As for the PC Polic - probably not. Henrico County Police? Still debating if off-duty ones should be hired to protect us from the local coppers.

stay safe.
An off duty state trooper would add an air of formality to protecting the group. Though that might be fun, I don't think any outside security is necessary.

Can you imagine the gauntlet of digital recorders and cameras anyone would have to run if they attempted to charge one of us with a non-violation? Worse comes to worse, we can always have some tar and [strike]feathers[/strike] autumn leaves on hand.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Now someone wants to know if they can bring their pet.

If it's allowed in the park rules and you clean up after it I don't see why not. I will draw the line, however, at lizards and snakes and spiders.

stay safe.

Are you anticipating a problem with reptile disfunction?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by skidmark

Now someone wants to know if they can bring their pet.

If it's allowed in the park rules and you clean up after it I don't see why not. I will draw the line, however, at lizards and snakes and spiders.

stay safe.
Are you anticipating a problem with reptile disfunction?
That where all of this started......with a snake with Ah-thor-itee flowing out of every orifice.

Actually, I think there was a rumba of them.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-group-of-snakes-called.htm

Last edited:

sidestreet

Already posted on other thread…,

Looks like me and two possibles for some ole' dead hog! :>)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.