• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cops arrest open carrier, try to delete his footage

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that there is already a thread on this arrest.

I know that they do not like being recorded in any manner --- as a whole. Some don't mind at all, even when they know that they are violating your constitutional rights. They like you to get $$$ from them I guess.

END_THE_FED

I think that there is already a thread on this arrest.

I know that they do not like being recorded in any manner --- as a whole. Some don't mind at all, even when they know that they are violating your constitutional rights. They like you to get $$$ from them I guess.

I was once told by an officer that many have his coworkers have an attitude (that he seemed disgusted by) of "well it doesn't come out of my pocket so I don't care if they sue, I even get overtime for going to court"

This was many years ago so I may not have the exact wording correct but that was the gist.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I was once told by an officer that many have his coworkers have an attitude (that he seemed disgusted by) of "well it doesn't come out of my pocket so I don't care if they sue, I even get overtime for going to court"

This was many years ago so I may not have the exact wording correct but that was the gist.

That pretty much sums it up. Until each individual "peace officer" is held accountable for their actions, you will get anything but peace from them!

If I was part of a group that drew it funds from the people, and if I broke the law and abused those people, then lost a suit and the person(s) I abused were paid not from my pocket directly, but from the pockets of the tax payers, how motivated do you think I'd be to really stop abusing people?

Some police are good, some are bad, and some are somewhere in between.

Those police pictured in the video, appear to be opinion enforcement officers. Not peace officers, who know and honor the laws and oaths the swore to uphold. :(

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

I've heard the same thing (to include the overtime for court), so I have no doubt as to that being the attitude of some.

HeroHog

I wish he would go back and edit that video for spelling and use of wrong words... makes him look like a goober!