• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

losing the carry right with Wells Fargo corporate

J-SiN

for years it had been my understanding that Wells Fargo did in fact allow open carry in their branches here in NC.
A few months back I noticed a NO WEAPONS sign at a branch in LOCUST NC
I called the District manager and informed him this was the ONLY branch that had the sign.
He made some calls and called me back and said the sign was from when the bank was Wachovia
he then informed me that concealed carry was the only type allowed????

I recenctly reached out again and that DM is no longer employed with them
and the BRANCH manager made some calls for me and informed me that NO weapons are allowed whatsoever

so where can I go with this?
can anyone provide insight or info?
I dont take these things lightly I will call and fight whoever
anyone familiar with wells fargo policy in NC?
help me out

nobama

Protest with your feet. Go to the manager and close your account and tell him why. They don't want your business, it is simple as that.

I hope that's not the case. I OCied in the one in K-ville about 4 times already without a problem. I have my mortgage with them so I hope its not true.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Something isn't ringing true here.

First a little history: Wachovia Bank was notoriously anti gun. Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia and shortly after systematically removed all of the No Guns signs and references. They have for years now (since the buyout) accepted both CC and OC in their branches.

Suggestion to anyone who sees such a sign - go politely up the food chain, beginning with the branch manager and going all the way to corporate headquarters if need be, but don't simply abandon the field/give up. That is how we lose ground the quickest.

F350

I hope that's not the case. I OCied in the one in K-ville about 4 times already without a problem. I have my mortgage with them so I hope its not true.

It pays to shop your mortgage around every few years, if it has been a while you may be able to get a lower rate with a shorter term. If not leave it where YOU benefit the most and move everything else; and make sure they know why.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
When did WF establish the no carry policy? Was that their policy when you financed you house? You can do your banking business with another bank and mail in you mortgage payment to WF.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Something isn't ringing true here.

First a little history: Wachovia Bank was notoriously anti gun. Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia and shortly after systematically removed all of the No Guns signs and references. They have for years now (since the buyout) accepted both CC and OC in their branches.

Suggestion to anyone who sees such a sign - go politely up the food chain, beginning with the branch manager and going all the way to corporate headquarters if need be, but don't simply abandon the field/give up. That is how we lose ground the quickest.
Don't disagree. Opened an account at PNC, gun friendly. Went in one day and an assistant manager politely told me their policy was no guns. I asked him to show me that policy. Two tellers were standing behind him giggling. They knew to policy. In the end he had to apologize. The bank he use to work at had a No Gun policy. He even tried to sell it's a federal law.

How when I walk in it's hello Mr. XDESF, how can I help you.......

J-SiN

I did start at the bottom and work my way up
The manager says he talked to the "higher up"
It sounds fishy and untrue just not sure how to advance
Who do I need to talk to???

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why would you accept the word of the same manager who gave you the first response? Go up the food chain yourself - accept no substitutes.
https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/newsroom/contacts-by-region/

Wells Fargo/Customer service
1 (800) 869-3557

Be polite with a friendly tone to your voice. You wish to determine the company policy for LAC carrying a gun, safely holstered, in their offices/branches. Request email confirmation, then post it here.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

You need to talk with the "higher up" (branch manager's boss). Followed by a polite letter summarizing what was said and either a) thanking him for clarifying that OC is welcomed, or b) advising him that you are going up to the next notch in the corporate chain as your understanding remains different from the one he provided.

You might also use the advanced search feature and find the other threads where WF corprate policy has been discussed and documented.

stay safe.

solus

try to discern the vp or dm of the region from the manager (i find the tellers are a wealth of shared information if approached appropriately) and contact them directly or see if you can locate the head of their 'security' group overseeing their property protection.

after a 'quickie' attempt at trying to find a locale WF management contact or customer level firearm policy this was all i came up with: https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/corporate/ which listed executive management. they are based in CA which might explain some of the inconsistencies.

one name kept coming up, Mariana Phipps ~ corp spokesperson, but i could not locate a direct email addy for her.

ipse

J-SiN

Took a while but I did get on with corporate.
The lady informed me that they "ask" you not to openly carry it
She said concealed is ok and if you open carry you might get asked to take it to the car
This is all bull to me
Also the fact that my local branch has an old sign up from when it was Wachovia
They keep giving me the number to the DM that does t work there anymore
That sign needs to come down
Not sure what direction to go from here
The branch manager contacted the security manager for me
I will be placing a call to him at lunch

moonie

I used to work for Wells Fargo, we did have a VP in corp security in here that posted the policy, it was certainly allowed then. I would doubt it has changed, they chose to follow state law.

On another note, the State Employees Credit Union has started posting their branches around here...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I requested a copy of the agreement/contract the bank and I made when I opened the account. Nowhere in that agreement/contract did it address carrying firearms nor did it say they could change the agreement without my consent. It's a two way street. 5/3 bank a few years ago was going to now charge fees on free checking account. I closed the account and they reimbursed me for the checks I had just bought. These banks think they are gods.

solus

I used to work for Wells Fargo, we did have a VP in corp security in here that posted the policy, it was certainly allowed then. I would doubt it has changed, they chose to follow state law.

On another note, the State Employees Credit Union has started posting their branches around here...

the one by cherry hospital has now posted no concealed or open carry.

am working to address it with the upstairs office manager.

ipse

J-SiN

Finally won my battle , the squaky wheel gets oiled.
I called once a week talking to several different people
they always put me off on someone else
and now the sign is GONE
someone somewhere notified the branch manager that it had to come down being it was from weachovia'
finally some satisfaction

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
and now the sign is GONE
someone somewhere notified the branch manager that it had to come down being it was from weachovia'
Congrats.....

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Thank you for your persistent follow up and for letting us know its fruition!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
and now the sign is GONE

Thank you for your persistent follow up and for letting us know its fruition!
Yep, we can put that to bed....again....'till next time. Wells Fargo ain't Wachovia - many of the same managers, but different strokes/rules.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Yep, we can put that to bed....again....'till next time. Wells Fargo ain't Wachovia - many of the same managers, but different strokes/rules.
This just proves that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. After 15 + years this battle is still being fought and will never end. It will take minimum of three generations to get us back to square one. Well beyond my life time.

The likes of George Soros and Michael Bloomberg will be out there doing everything they can to control your life. Mark Zuckerberg comes to mind.