• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Apartment Rule I didn't see in the contract.

jerz_subbie

Wow, this one got resurrected! haha

I specifically looked for such a clause when signing my leases here around UNCC and thankfully both places I've lived had no such clauses. However, most that are within walking distance of the campus, but still private property, do have clauses forbidding (possession of) firearms. I questioned the legality of such a clause when a Pro2A friend was considering moving into one of those places. I wasn't able to find any evidence that the clause was illegal, but I'm not the best legal researcher.

As for CC'ing on complex property outside of your house I'm going to bet the answer is "NO!" Because you signed a lease for you apartment, not to lease the entire property. You have no right to enter any other apartment, the clubhouse(if closed), the maintenance garage etc. without permission. If you leased a house with a large plot of land then sure you could CC anywhere on that land w/o permit.

Dreamer

As paranoid as it may sound, I don't want to give my fingerprints to the government. I am completely eligible for a CHP. Also, I don't want to have to tell a cop I have one every time I talk to one. I'm not completely against it, I just want to be sure before I decide.

I've gotten to the point where I don't care anymore about fingerprints--there are so many copies of my prints floating around with various state and federal agencies from jobs I've had in the past that one more set isn't going to make any difference for me... Plus I was adopted as an infant, so the state where I was born already has an "original" set, and I'm sure they all get forwarded to the Feds anyway, seeing as how the FBI's fingerprint lab is in my native home state...

All that aside, the fact is that if you were born in a hospital in the US, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and most other industrialized nations, anytime after 1984, the DOD and DOJ most likely ALREADY have your DNA, and have sequenced and databased it. Like some stupid fingerprints are REALLY going to matter...

In other words, if you are 26 years old or younger, or have had bloodwork done in a hospital in the last 10 years or so, they've probably got your DNA.

Tracked, traced, and databased...

When I was talking about this five years ago, people said I was paranoid and making it up. Since then, there have been successful lawsuits in TX and FL where hospitals admitted they took the samples and turned them over to the DOD. Articles have appeared in mainstream newspapers--Autsin Statesman, the London Times, etc. The excuse is that the DOD is using these blood samples for "medical research"...

I bet... At the Joseph Mengele Memorial Research Facility, no doubt...

Which side are you on, boys, which side are you on?

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2010/02/ewen-callaway-reportertexas-he.html

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas...le-over-baby-dna-sent-to-military-268714.html

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/83829557.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article7134061.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/7756320/DNA-database-created-from-babies-blood-samples.html

Last edited:

sultan62

Well then they've damn sure got mine. I finally decided there was no way I wasn't already on one list or another, so what did fingerprints really matter?

There's also a decent chance I'll go into public service, so I'd have to give a set anyway.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Yes, it's in the lease.

Is the word "display" defined and does this definition EXCLUDE a legally holstered firearm carried openly OR by the lease are they in effect "MANDATING" concealed carry on that property.

Also, since they refer to "INSIDE THE HOME" by strict reading you would be prohibited from storing your firearms within a locked, glass and wood type storage/DISPLAY case!---- sure seems like it SHOULD be unenforceable if it actually not!

sultan62

Is the word "display" defined and does this definition EXCLUDE a legally holstered firearm carried openly OR by the lease are they in effect "MANDATING" concealed carry on that property.

Also, since they refer to "INSIDE THE HOME" by strict reading you would be prohibited from storing your firearms within a locked, glass and wood type storage/DISPLAY case!---- sure seems like it SHOULD be unenforceable if it actually not!

Display is not defined, but I'm moving out at the end of the month if I can find a subleaser to take my lease over. It's jut not worth the trouble.

jerz_subbie

The Public Housing ruling that they can't prohibit public housing residents from owning firearms may play a role in this as well. It may be worth someone's time to read that ruling... not mine ;)

sultan62

The Public Housing ruling that they can't prohibit public housing residents from owning firearms may play a role in this as well. It may be worth someone's time to read that ruling... not mine ;)

Can you cite where to find this? I'm unfamiliar with it.

jerz_subbie