• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alaska and Arizona

Aaron1124

Are supposedly "Constitutional Carry" states, not requiring any licensing to carry a loaded firearm how you prefer it. Why is it that, according to the maps on this site, they are also the only state that REQUIRES that you conceal your firearm at a restaurant?

45acpForMe

Yes I am for Constitutional Carry!

I don't know how anyone can read the 2A and not be for it. I am also for repealing the 1968 and 1934 gun laws and disbanning the BATFE.

If a government is infringing on my rights it has lost legitamacy!

One thing about the maps. Alaska and Montana allow OC at 14! I wish my daughter could OC right now at 14. It would help me thin out the boyfriend herd a bit. :)

Slayer of Paper

Only a couple of years ago, any place that served alcohol for consumption on the premises (including just about any restaurant that wasn't fast food) was off limits for carry, period in Arizona. That changed two sessions ago, allowing for those with CCW to carry there.

When Constitutional Carry was passed this past session, one of the concessions was to leave in the language about needing a CCW, and that the weapon must be concealed in an alcohol-serving establishment. However, we got the bill passed, and there are already plans in the works to remove the CCW and concealed requirements- actually were already being worked on as soon as the concession was written into the bill.

There's every chance that the concealed/CCW for bars language will be removed in a bill in the upcoming session. The AZCDL has been working hard for gun rights in Arizona, and will no doubt continue to!

I'm also hoping that our passing of Constitutional Carry will help to push it forward in many other states, as well.

Aaron1124

The AZCDL has been working hard for gun rights in Arizona, and will no doubt continue to!
I'ld say!!! Constitutional Carry is huge! I hope our VCDL can work towards that here in Virginia. There are few states I would want to live in but Arizona and Alaska are two I wouldn't mind.

Funny, considering they are both extreme opposites of each other, in terms of weather and scenery.

45acpForMe

The AZCDL has been working hard for gun rights in Arizona, and will no doubt continue to!

Funny, considering they are both extreme opposites of each other, in terms of weather and scenery.

Well I grew up in Buffalo (born in Chicago) and lived in Kalifornia for a while. I would prefer Arizona since they do have mountains and snow too. Alaska would be nice for some isolation from stupidity (other humans). If I had the money I could buy two homes and be a snowbird in AZ for the winter. :)

Right now I haven't given up on Virginia yet and will work toward Constitutional Carry here.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

Yes I am for Constitutional Carry!

1.) I don't know how anyone can read the 2A and not be for it. I am also for repealing the 1968 and 1934 gun laws and disbanning the BATFE.

2.) If a government is infringing on my rights it has lost legitamacy!

3.) One thing about the maps. Alaska and Montana allow OC at 14! I wish my daughter could OC right now at 14. It would help me thin out the boyfriend herd a bit. :)

1.) These laws just need to be ruled (quite properly) unconstitutional.

2.) It did that a LOONNGG time back. Starting in March of 1933.(FDR inaugurated for the first time)

3.) 1. Make it a rule that all boys allowed must come to meet you first.
2. Be sitting where they can see you cleaning a 12 gauge pump shotgun.
A .22 LR pistol with a silencer will also do nicely.
3. One of those "special smiles" on you face when you explain your rules
will complete the job.:mad:

:cool:

45acpForMe

1.) These laws just need to be ruled (quite properly) unconstitutional. True

2.) It did that a LOONNGG time back. Starting in March of 1933.(FDR inaugurated for the first time) More like 1913 with creation of the Federal Reserve

3.) 1. Make it a rule that all boys allowed must come to meet you first.
2. Be sitting where they can see you cleaning a 12 gauge pump shotgun.
A .22 LR pistol with a silencer will also do nicely.
3. One of those "special smiles" on you face when you explain your rules
will complete the job.:mad:

:cool:
I offered to interview and review any application to date my daughter while cleaning my guns. She prefers to keep their existence secret.

CrossFire

Years ago when my daughter was that age she intoduced a boy who had come for a visit while I was sharpening a rather large bowie knife. He quickly found a reason to go on his merry way. My daughter got angry with me and said "now he will probably never come back" to which I repied "then he's not ad dumb as he looked". She to this day still brings that up when she is mad at me for something.

Last edited: