• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family book on OPEN CARRY now on sale.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Hey everyone,

Nate Nephew and I wrote a family book on open carry. It's called MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY. It's delightfully Illustrated by Lorna Bergman.

It's for ages 10 years and up. It is published by White Feather Press to get a discount on pre-orders go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
If you open carry and have a difficult time explaining why to your kids, other family members and friends this book is for you or them. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun this book is for you. If you've wondered if open carry is right for you buy this book.

This book was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. Our fear is that our children are being raised with a biased view of our constitution and especially in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Before writing this, we looked for pro-gun childrens books and couldn't find any. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children over and over again.

BOOK OVERVIEW:

Come and join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream.

As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment, and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

MKEgal

There really is no questionable content in the book, just well thought out ideas and logic.

We all know how well logic & reason go over with the antis...

If I had any hope of ever talking to my son again I'd buy this for him, but I'm positive his other parents would throw it away without letting him read it if I just sent it to him (or even took it to their house).

Hmmm... maybe buy a copy & figure out where in the stacks it should go, then put it in the library myself? Or put it in the book drop?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great Christmas gift for teens!

And for the younger kids, don't forget my children's book:

Why Does Daddy Wear a Gun?

Hey everyone,

Nate Nephew and I wrote a family book on open carry. It's called MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY. It's delightfully Illustrated by Lorna Bergman.

It's for ages 10 years and up. It is published by White Feather Press to get a discount on pre-orders go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
If you open carry and have a difficult time explaining why to your kids, other family members and friends this book is for you or them. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun this book is for you. If you've wondered if open carry is right for you buy this book.

This book was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. Our fear is that our children are being raised with a biased view of our constitution and especially in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Before writing this, we looked for pro-gun childrens books and couldn't find any. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children over and over again.

BOOK OVERVIEW:

Come and join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream.

As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment, and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

Venator

A bit more about the book.

The family goes grocery shopping then to the bookstore and finally the gun range. Along the way they talk with a variety of people (an anti-gun mom, a pro conceal carry person, teens, and others) who are curious about their guns and open carry. The parents discuss the pros and cons of open carry, why they do it and why we need to take on the responsibility of self-defense. A great book on many aspects of open carry, the 2nd amendment and self-defense. Also the daughter gets a surprise which is hinted at throughout the book.

sasha601

Just wondering if book store chains like Barnes & Noble, Borders and online retailers like Amazon will carry this book. Or, was these outlets approached to make this book available? How this works? I am thinking if big chain carry it, our cause will advance.

Venator

Just wondering if book store chains like Barnes & Noble, Borders and online retailers like Amazon will carry this book. Or, was these outlets approached to make this book available? How this works? I am thinking if big chain carry it, our cause will advance.

Eventually it will be on Amazon and maybe bookstore, but this is a niche book so it will never be a NY best-seller.

It really all depends on how sales go in the next few days. If it is found that there is no interest with pre-orders than the publisher may stop printing the book altogether. that's why early sales are need to promote the book over the next few days.

Right now the book is only available from the publisher. So if you are interested in the book, please order it soon.

CarlottaValdez

Congrats on the book! I will be ordering my copy in the next day or so...!!! From what I have seen so far, I think this book should do incredibly well because it not only explains OC but also breaks down general 2A politics in totally understandable, readable language.

can't wait to get my copy!