• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Luncheon January 28th Just South of Grand Rapids

Steel Magnolia

Michigan Open Carry would like to invite you to attend our Open Carry Luncheon on Saturday January 28th 2012 from 12:30 pm - 2:00pm at Cafe Connection. Cafe Connection is a local restaurant that is welcoming us and supporting our right to bear arms. I spoke with them and they are excited to have us. They actually close at 2:00pm on Saturday but will allow us to remain there until 3:00pm! Please feel free to bring friends.

The OC Lunch will be held at:

Cafe Connection
7599 Clyde Park Ave SW
Byron Twp. MI

Saturday January 28th 2012
12:30pm - 2:00pm

Cafe Connection is located on the North West Corner of 76th Street and Clyde Park Ave. 1/2 Mile West of US131.

Please RSVP no later than Thursday January 26th 2012.

bmward64

I'd love to be there, not sure if I'll have the cash to drive up there... Maybe I can carpool with someone from Kzoo and contribute a little gas money??

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

Yance

I previously stated on MGO I would not be there...however I'm car pooling with autosurgeon so I will be there, looking good as usual.

Yance

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, I just picked up a holster for the Glock 19 I recently acquired so that will be my EDC for the lunch. Have a safe drive everyone!

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Great time, many new faces! Good time had by all!

And, DrTodd got to meet his avatar!

Afterwards, we went to Silver Bullet to expose ourselves to temptation.

Then, Steel Magnolia & I witnessed an auto accident, and had a great LEO encounter with Kentwood's finest.:D

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
After the luncheon at Cafe Connection (btw, GREAT food), we went to Silver Bullet to see if there was anything we couldn't live without. Got out for under $20; whew....

On the way home, we witnessed a traffic accident (Autosurgeon, you missed seeing it by 30 seconds).

Checked on the victims, all OK, and stuck around for Kentwood PD to arrive.

Had a nice chat with the driver of the not-at-fault vehicle about OC, CC, CPLs, sidearms and MOC. Nice kid, coming home from work

When KPD arrived, Steel Magnolia (who had put her long coat on due to the cold) announced that the was carrying with a CPL. I simply announced that I was armed with my hands well away from my .45. He replies 'I can see that!'

He took our statements, no drama, and then we had a nice chat about OC, CC and a well armed citizenry. Great guy; one of Kentwood's finest! First interaction with Kentwood PD, OC or CC.

Gave him a trifold, as well as the driver of the not-at-fault vehicle. I don't think the elderly woman who was at fault would have been interested in one....