• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello from Clintwood!

TacticalTuckFard

I don't remember if I did A proper introduction or not when I made my account a while ago. I've been OC'ing for over 2 years now. Anyone from the Clintwood area on here? I've saw a couple OC'er around, but few and far between.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO. How old is the sunlight that reaches you?

Go to www.vcdl.org and at least sign up for the VA-ALERT free electronic newsletter, if not joining. If you started now, could you make it to Richmond in time for Lobby Day? (I used to have to drive out from Richmond to Pound and Big Stone Gap once a quarter - I know where you are.)

Please do not annoy peter nap with the fact that you are in God's Country - he can be mean and petty when jealous.:p

We are going to be about halfway to you in a couple of weeks. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Claytor-Lake-State-Park-amp-return-date-9-22 Feel free to come on out and meet some folks.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Don't let Skidmark fool you. I'm always delighted to see REAL PEOPLE (South of the Ni:p) come here.
I'm especially happy to see next door neighbors to the original Nap starting place (Russell).
Welcome to the board!

PS ...any Elk near you?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Greetings TTF! My mom's family is from that general area, although they were slightly northward being just east of Pikeville, KY where the Tug Fork rides the VA / WV / KY state lines.

TacticalTuckFard

Welcome to OCDO. How old is the sunlight that reaches you?

Go to www.vcdl.org and at least sign up for the VA-ALERT free electronic newsletter, if not joining. If you started now, could you make it to Richmond in time for Lobby Day? (I used to have to drive out from Richmond to Pound and Big Stone Gap once a quarter - I know where you are.)

Please do not annoy peter nap with the fact that you are in God's Country - he can be mean and petty when jealous.:p

We are going to be about halfway to you in a couple of weeks. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Claytor-Lake-State-Park-amp-return-date-9-22 Feel free to come on out and meet some folks.

stay safe.

Well poo. :( they're requiring a CHP before you can carry on their property. I'm 20 so I don't have mine yet. Nice to meet you paramedic. It's always good to know I'm not alone. thanks for the greetings everyone BTW.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Well poo. :( they're requiring a CHP before you can carry on their property. I'm 20 so I don't have mine yet. Nice to meet you paramedic. It's always good to know I'm not alone. thanks for the greetings everyone BTW.

I think you mis-understood that thread. The point was that open carry is legal in state parks, a CHP is not required. They are holding the event to support that right. Here is some background on the state parks situation.

Background-Washington Times

paramedic

Hey, we would love to have you join us at the picnic, as they told you it all about OC so you do not need a permit. I think it would be great to get to know someone else in this area that is as passionate about OC as me and my family, We are going to be at Food City tomorrow doing an event with the Lions Club, come by and see us and I will buy you lunch, it will be easy to know which one I am, you know, the one with the firearm on his side, of course my wife will have hers as well.