• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina State Fairgrounds

Bahabandit

I want to get clarifacation before I open carry there but is it legal to OC at the NC State Fairgrounds? With all of the new laws I am still confused as to this.

carolina guy

I want to get clarifacation before I open carry there but is it legal to OC at the NC State Fairgrounds? With all of the new laws I am still confused as to this.

Good question...looking at the NC State Fair website (http://www.ncstatefair.org/2013/FAQ.htm) I see nothing that mentions weapons at all. Looking at the Wake County GIS, the property is owned by the State of NC (http://maps.raleighnc.gov/iMAPS/index.html) search for "1025 Blue Ridge Road".

However, looking at: § 14‑415.23. Statewide uniformity in the newly updated law per HB 937, I only see it mentioning CC and it looks like the Fairgrounds would be part of that uniformity. Please note that the regular online version of the statutes (at: http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-415.23.html) has not been updated yet to reflect the changes in HB 937.

So, my take is that if they don't post it, you MIGHT be "ok" if you OC. BUT...that is only if they do not serve beer, and then you would be "ok" only as long as you have a CHP.

IANAL...so, please read, research, or call your attorney for a professional take on it.

WalkingWolf

Admission is charged so that would be a no, unless you conceal with a permit. OCing with a permit is really up in the air until a court case comes along to clarify the law. Do so at your own risk. If you do not have a permit read US V Black.

carolina guy

Admission is charged so that would be a no, unless you conceal with a permit. OCing with a permit is really up in the air until a court case comes along to clarify the law. Do so at your own risk. If you do not have a permit read US V Black.

Good catch, WW!! Thanks!

Bahabandit

Thanks fellas. I have my Alabama CHP which is honored in NC. I may try to OC and see what happens. I will post what happens tomorrow.

solus

Thanks fellas. I have my Alabama CHP which is honored in NC. I may try to OC and see what happens. I will post what happens tomorrow.

do they have internet access which they allow those being booked to use so he can let's us know how it went?? :eek:

i am sure it was a fun experience for all concerned...

ipse

Bahabandit

do they have internet access which they allow those being booked to use so he can let's us know how it went?? :eek:

i am sure it was a fun experience for all concerned...

ipse

There is always someone with a smarta** comment on this forum huh... Anyways I have always been one to push the envelope, so we will see what happens.

carolina guy

Just be sure to carry and use a recorder...and if you are not going alone, see if someone else can also do the same.

solus

In "it's" short time here I have seen little or nothing of a positive contribution. :)

it never ceases to amaze me how supposedly intelligent individuals revert to name calling and insults like they were still in junior high school...

so unbecoming someone of the uniformed services

nice

ipse

Last edited:

carolina guy

it never ceases to amaze me how supposedly intelligent individuals revert to name calling and insults like they were still in junior high school...

so unbecoming someone of the uniformed services

nice

ipse

(*shrug*) If it makes you feel better:

In his short time here I have seen little or nothing of a positive contribution. :)

papa bear

come on CGUY, even a negative comment can be used for the good. you just need to know where it comes from, but i do agree

eNomineZerum

Greenville, North Carolina, United States
Being two days later I would like to see how this turned out. I chose to leave mine in the car and was thankful when I walked through the metal detector. I had to tag and leave my SOG pocket knife at the gate as they had a "no weapons" policy clearly posted. I can only imagine the same would have gone for my gun.

carolina guy

come on CGUY, even a negative comment can be used for the good. you just need to know where it comes from, but i do agree

True. I have just learned less and less patience as the years (decades) go on for internet trolls. I suppose the usual best advice is simply "do not feed the trolls". :)

carolina guy

Being two days later I would like to see how this turned out. I chose to leave mine in the car and was thankful when I walked through the metal detector. I had to tag and leave my SOG pocket knife at the gate as they had a "no weapons" policy clearly posted. I can only imagine the same would have gone for my gun.

Kinda figured that was going to be the case.

solus

hummm guess i might have been right after all, they don't have internet access in the booking area since it has now been three days since the envelope was pushed.:lol:

solus

True. I have just learned less and less patience as the years (decades) go on for internet trolls. I suppose the usual best advice is simply "do not feed the trolls". :)

truly for such sagacious individual with so much to offer to our readers, your mentality just doesn't suit you at all, especially since it is beginning to digress to elementary school taunts...

ipse

Bahabandit

So this is what happened. I OC'ed up to the entrance and saw NO WEAPONS, NO ALCOHOL, and NO ANIMALS signs posted all over the gates. There were state troopers everywhere and I got no comments up to the gate. They had metal detectors and were searching bags and stuff coming in. My wife did not want me to make a scene so I took my pistol back to the truck and went back in.

Bahabandit

hummm guess i might have been right after all, they don't have internet access in the booking area since it has now been three days since the envelope was pushed.:lol:
\

I haven't posted in three days because I work a part time job and I have school work. SOLUS why don't you head down here to JVille one day so we can meet up. I want to meet the smarta** behind the username.

Last edited: