• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mississippi still not updated on oc maps!!!!!!!

EMNofSeattle

what's going on here? Arkansas was updated and Mississippi wasn't?

unlicensed OC is now completely legal and fully preempted!!!!!

how is it that someone updated Arkansas but not Mississippi!

There's only about 4 threads on the topic!? Evidentally some people are more equal then others when it comes to this forum.

EMNofSeattle

I seriously doubt anything malicious is going on... Could be wrong, I just don't see any motive

I know, but I'm trying to grab attention.... this is something so basic that it's not hard to change. in fact the had no trouble changing arkansas even though it's untested whether or not OC is legal, versus Mississippi where the law was specifically changed to allow unlicensed oc.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My best guess is that the webmaster is proceeding with changes and updates alphbetically, just as the new sub-forums for Events and Training were installed.

It also is not just the map pages to update, but also the descriptors on the home page drop downs for each state.

sudden valley gunner

My best guess is that the webmaster is proceeding with changes and updates alphbetically, just as the new sub-forums for Events and Training were installed.

It also is not just the map pages to update, but also the descriptors on the home page drop downs for each state.

How incompetent! :p;)

eye95

Considering the months that have gone by with no movement at all? Yep. Incompetent.

Which do you think is more critical to the operation of this site? Tweaking the forums? Or having up-to-date maps reflecting the law as it is, not as it was?

Several users have already done the grunt work to update the map. Someone could just double-check the accuracy and upload it. 30 minutes.

It is inexcusable that it has taken this long to do the update.

Inexcusable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

EMNofSeattle

I went into a store the other day to buy a product. They didn't have it so inexcusable! ;)

not having the product a handful of times is not a problem, constant supply problems is a problem.

I used to work in retail. my manager when we ran out of thanksgiving day sale turkeys called every single other store in our system until he located a surplus palet of turkeys and then drove in his personal ford pickup truck to get them. that's customer service right there....

eye95

Precisely.

I'd rather point out shortcomings, in the hope that some small sense of pride would result in correction, rather than walking away.

This site, though very poorly run of late, does provide a needed service, so I choose to stay and criticize.

I hope the staff (assuming that a certain member of it has learned the meaning of the word) takes a long, hard look at their efforts of late and finds a way to kick it up a notch--in all regards.

<o>

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Precisely.

I'd rather point out shortcomings, in the hope that some small sense of pride would result in correction, rather than walking away.

This site, though very poorly run of late, does provide a needed service, so I choose to stay and criticize.

I hope the staff (assuming that a certain member of it has learned the meaning of the word) takes a long, hard look at their efforts of late and finds a way to kick it up a notch--in all regards.
Repeticiously ranting on the same point becomes a nothing more than a rant - over done at best.

Staff is a collective noun - denotes more than one member.

A collective noun is a word that describes a number of objects or people — examples include staff, group, band, and team.

http://www.agriculture.purdue.edu/agcomm/ontarget/0712/Grammer_traps.htm

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Precisely.

<o>

Sooo,,, that is why you are here....

It has come to the point that YOU are more of a distraction to the normal use of this forum,
than Katsung47, whom you spend so much time complaining about, has ever been...

I will add that your constant Non replies, saying that you wont reply to someone
because they were behaving like an ass, totally wastes my and every ones else's time and patients.

eye95

Nice way to imply I said something I did not. I am here to promote open carry and unlicensed carry. I am here to support others who do. When the staff here do something that merits criticism, while that is not the reason I am here, I will criticize them.

I really don't care if you have a problem with that.

<o>

stealthyeliminator

I know, but I'm trying to grab attention.... this is something so basic that it's not hard to change. in fact the had no trouble changing arkansas even though it's untested whether or not OC is legal, versus Mississippi where the law was specifically changed to allow unlicensed oc.

I didn't realize it had been so long or that you had already made other threads about the changes. With that in mind, goodness, whoever is in charge of updates needs to get their act together. This site is not useless without accurate information, it's dangerous. What if it was an update in the other direction?

eye95

It's dangerous either way!

Estelle: Look, Bubba, that man has a gun!
Bubba: Don't worry Estelle, I read in the paper the other day that you can "open carry" a handgun legally in Mississippi now.
E: No, you can't. You have to have a license and cover it up!
B: I am pretty sure I read an article...
E: Bubba, you can't. I am calling the cops.
B: Hold on there Estelle, let's don't get this guy into trouble.
E: Well, he is breaking the law, and I am scared of him.
B: I am telling you, he ain't breaking no law.
E: Bubba, I know he is!
B: Tell ya what, baby, let's check and be sure before we call the cops.
E: How, Bubs?
B: You got one of them there smart phones, right?
E: Yeah?
B: Well, on the news, when they mentioned that open carry was legal, they talked about some open carry site. They'd probably know whether it was legal.
E: Well, if you don't believe me, Bubs, you just go on and look it up.

[some fumbling, swearing, comments about smart phones being dumb]

B: Here it is Estelle! And look, they got a map. Lemme just poke Mississippi and see what comes up. Damn! I guess you was right and the news was wrong. Even this here website that is all for open carry says you can't do it in Mississippi. I am so sorry I doubted you, sweetness. Call the cops. Don't forget to tell them that you were scared. It'll make 'em come faster.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

But the store is private property and you had the option of going somewhere else :p

Bingo!

not having the product a handful of times is not a problem, constant supply problems is a problem.

I used to work in retail. my manager when we ran out of thanksgiving day sale turkeys called every single other store in our system until he located a surplus palet of turkeys and then drove in his personal ford pickup truck to get them. that's customer service right there....

Good for that store, my buddy used to manage a Shucks auto supply store he would tell his employees if they come in for a hamburger don't say no , go across the street buy one at McDonalds bring it back mark it up 30% and sell it.

None of that matters here, and you miss the point. Your whining to the store that they don't have turkeys won't do any good if it's not a priority at the moment or if they decide they will get to it when they get to it, or if there are other logistical issues you are not aware of and they have no obligation to explain to you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
+1

They are busy OC'ing in Mississippi...:lol:

OC in M-i-ss-i-ss-i-pp-i = M-i-oo-i-oo-cc-i or M-i-cc-i-cc-oo-i or my favorite M-i-cc-i-cc-cc-i = Mick-he-kicky

Sorry - too much time on my hands and the product of a warped mind :p

+1 on OC in Mississippi, now on to Constitutional Carry
icon14.png