• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

KIX

Wow!

I can't get over the "what are you trying to accomplish?" mindset. Engaging in something that is legal and directly tied to your constitutional rights needs to be an "accomplishment"?

Jonathan

Rich B

I can't get over the "what are you trying to accomplish?" mindset. Engaging in something that is legal and directly tied to your constitutional rights needs to be an "accomplishment"?

Right. This is what I get from 'pro gun' people who are looking down condescendingly on my choice of carry.

I am not out to change the law. The law is already what I want it to be. I am not an activist, I just get hassled by LEOs. I am not out to change anything or 'accomplish' anything.

Alex.EastHartford.

Hey Rich. I hear you. It is not easy to have a law that is not aware to the general public or even LEO's. All we can do is continue to get educated..stick up for what we know is the law and continue to spread the word as best we can, which I might add you have made a difference.

Carry on brother!

Rich B

I am finding it amazing that the OP of that thread seems to actually be arguing that non-white people should somehow be treated differently or that they will treat me differently when OCing.

This is a terrible representation of the 2A community.

Last edited:

Lenny Benedetto

My one and only post to that thread!

This thread is absolutely BRILLIANT!!

Gun owners have to stick together NO MATTER WHAT SIDE OF THE OC FENCE THEY ARE ON!!!

Since it is legal in CT to do so, we all need to fight to protect this RIGHT!!

Any, and I mean any right that may be lost is 2 steps in the wrong direction!!!

Subjects like this one that gets GUN OWNERS arguing is an antis wet dream!!

Rich B

This thread is absolutely BRILLIANT!!

Gun owners have to stick together NO MATTER WHAT SIDE OF THE OC FENCE THEY ARE ON!!!

Since it is legal in CT to do so, we all need to fight to protect this RIGHT!!

Any, and I mean any right that may be lost is 2 steps in the wrong direction!!!

Subjects like this one that gets GUN OWNERS arguing is an antis wet dream!!

In most cases, I find that I can make a friend of a "pro-gun but anti-OC" person by telling them I respect their choice of carry, and I only ask for the same.

Unfortunately, it seems the OP of that thread wants nothing more than to race bait me with ridiculous arguments and assertions. Knowing that poster's history, I am not sure why I am at all surprised. Oh well. I give up.

bennor

The OP started off by saying that they disagree with OC based on "For me it is too much of a tactical disadvantage. I do not want the bad guys to know that I'm armed." Then after various back and forth the OP goes over to the race issue which has left me scratching my head as to what the OP is really saying other than throwing down the race card to deflect discussion on the subject. More than once the OP refused to specifically answer some pointed questions. When asked if they supported the DPS desire to ban open carry and curtail conceal carry the response was that they want "constitutional carry". Which I guess means in their mind that until we get "constitutional carry" in this state, people shouldn't open carry as it might get the anti's "mad" and get carry banned or curtailed.

Threads like the OP over there started always devolve into the way that one did for the most part. His "my way of carry" philosophy is the "best and only way, any other way can lead to our loosing our carry rights" in his mind. What the OP over there fails to understand is someone came before him to challenge the government to all that he or she currently enjoy. Its testing the boundaries with our legal rights that pushes and redefines what is legal with our enumerated rights.

Last edited:

Rich B

I love the OP's "Why don't you work on the stuff I want???" repeated question. Never answers my replies to it, but keeps asking it.

"Open carry is not interesting to me, do something else or you are wrong!"

GoldCoaster

I love the OP's "Why don't you work on the stuff I want???" repeated question. Never answers my replies to it, but keeps asking it.

"Open carry is not interesting to me, do something else or you are wrong!"

They are the Pro 2A but only in the closet types. They'd be happy with gun ownership being behind closed doors and only at night. Pretty soon they take the closed doors allowance away, then the night clause and with the big list from the DPS-3's they stop by and collect all your guns. Yeah that's great.

First they came for the OC'ers, I don't OC so I didn't speak up
Then they came for the Black Guns - I don't own a black gun so I didn't speak up
Then they came for the pistols, I only own a shotgun so I didn't speak up
then they came for the shotguns, and there was nobody left to speak up.

Rich B

Then they came for the Black Guns - I don't own a black gun so I didn't speak up

Well said. I have no idea where this mentality of being so scared of people who might disapprove of you came from. It is sad to think we have gun owners who are 'in the closet' because someone might not agree with them. There was someone in that thread that even admits to hiding the fact he is a gunnie from his own family.

Leverdude

They are the Pro 2A but only in the closet types. They'd be happy with gun ownership being behind closed doors and only at night. Pretty soon they take the closed doors allowance away, then the night clause and with the big list from the DPS-3's they stop by and collect all your guns. Yeah that's great.

Nice rhetoric, I'v seen it applied to many situations. In this case though that doesn't quite fit does it? In CT we already lost the right to RKBA since we need a permit for all modes of carry and everyone, even here, until very recently "knew" CC was required. Someone didn't speak up decades ago I guess. I'll speak up for open carry & do, just did last night. But at the same time I realize it can very easilly go either way in a state that requires a permit for all carry. OC in CT is a new thing, even though its always been legal, and we should be open minded enough to realize that bringing attention to it will cause many if not most of the people here to think that the law needs fixing and fixing may well be further restrictions. Its not a matter of a right anymore, the right has already been taken away, its a matter of degree of restriction and I think we agree thats a slippery slope.
We have a great opportunity in that we can honestly say its always been legal & never been a problem so why not get things inline with the real law, the constitution by making our legislature aware of the inconsistencies and abuses. We shouldn't need a permit to OC & those in states that do not are on much better ground than we are.

I can relate to the thinking that if no attention is brought to the fact OC is legal it would keep our system as it is longer than once it becomes common knowledge. Its obviously been fine as is for decades but now that OC legality is coming to be common knowledge DPS has started to try closing what they see as a loophole the last couple years, right or wrong. We'll see how my Rep & Senator respond but I tend to think the senator at least will think OC should be illegal. Not sure how he can square that with the constitution but we shall see.

At any rate berating those who disagree with us will do nothing to bring us together. If I'm talking with someone about the subject & calm respectful common sense doesn't work I'll generally let it lie for the time being. Telling them point blank that they are part of the problem will only widen the divide IMO.

This OC thing is not a simple matter, especially in CT where, as I said, everyone knew it was a CC permit until very recently.