• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

boycott cheaperthandirt.com

cm2624

I bought 500 rounds of 7.62 x39 ammo from them last week for $134 and change. Today it is $229 and change for the exact same order. I will never order anything from those crooks! The Hell with them!!!! I hope they go out of business!!!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I bought 500 rounds of 7.62 x39 ammo from them last week for $134 and change. Today it is $229 and change for the exact same order. I will never order anything from those crooks! The Hell with them!!!! I hope they go out of business!!!!

Huh!?! Pricing to market conditions is as old as the hills. There is no moral law or statute that says they have to sell their private property at a price you like any more than you are obligated to buy from them at their price.

What happens if a semi-auto rifle ban goes into effect and they lose the income opportunity of selling any such ammo? They're supposed to sell at yesterday's market price until its gone and then hope to make up for the inability to sell any on other things?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

Ever use that argument at a gas station?

Is there some life-threatening NEED for ammunition that I'm not aware of, or is it just something that is allowed to fluctuate with supply and demand?

Funny how gun owners are so pro-capitalism until it affects their guns and ammo prices.

Last edited:

compmanio365

I decided I'd never buy from them long before any of this happened. When they decided to cave to the antis and stop selling guns, it just confirmed that decision. Calling for a boycott is stupid in almost all situations....they never get traction and people will do what they want anyways. If enough people are pissed off and stop buying from them, naturally they will either change or go out of business, which is how it's supposed to work. If not, then there are lots of other vendors to shop from.

Wolfgang1952

What I don’t like about them is their shipping coast. They have four or five warehouses and you get four or five different shipping coast. Why can’t just have ONE BIG WAREHOUSE I don’t use them unless no one else has what I want.

motoxmann

What I don’t like about them is their shipping coast. They have four or five warehouses and you get four or five different shipping coast. Why can’t just have ONE BIG WAREHOUSE I don’t use them unless no one else has what I want.

because that would jack up the price you would need to pay even more. because it would require THEM to pay higher shipping costs to get products to the warehouse, and it would mean much further shipping from the warehouse to the majority of it's customers which also would require higher costs.
be smart, check which warehouses are closer to your location, and get everything you want from that specific warehouse. or in the least, make sure everything in your order comes from the same warehouse. that will ensure the lowest costs for you.

Ctclassic

cm2624---same kind of thing happened in a gun store here in CT, the S&W M&P 15 was sold for $599 on sale a couple months ago ( I believe reg price was $649 ), after the shooting in Newtown, the price went to .....$ 1039 !!! Talk about a rip off. And they were still bringing them out of the backroom three at a time selling them as fast as they were bringing them out.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I order fairly often from CTD, they are upfront about their shipping costs and I have found their prices reasonable. Everybody is raising their ammo prices. Supply and demand people, supply and demand.

WalkingWolf

I never have bought from cheaper than dirt, so I guess I can't boycott them. I wouldn't over them raising their prices anyway.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Ctd

CTD is selling weapons again. A goodly number of weapon parts and weapon sales burned out inventories at a lot of shops recently. They seem to be recovering and restocking. Be patient, this, like all things will pass. Will prices go back to the "good old days" of two months ago? That depends on the consumer.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Talk about a rip off. And they were still bringing them out of the backroom three at a time selling them as fast as they were bringing them out.

So apparently not a rip off...

Last edited: