• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NM CCW requirement Update

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
flyer said:
This new process will not result in an increased fee for applicants.
Indeed, shouldn't it lower the fees?

Last edited:

awnuts

Indeed, shouldn't it lower the fees?

If your first time its 44 bucks to cogent for the background check. The remaining 56 bucks goes to DPS to total 100.
If your renewing its 44 bucks to cogent for the background check. The remaining 31 bucks goes to DPS to total 75.

Cogent finally added the DPS ORI code on the dropdown menu list. Its in the middle of the list so you need to scroll down to see it. Do not use the law enforcement code unless your LE.
Also you need to print out your receipt because it has the registration number on it and cogent wont print you without it. In all the thing I know is you don't need ink on your fingers and I have heard the new license is getting to us faster. In some cases as fast as two weeks. Plus there's more locations around town.

update update I also found out you need a receipt from cogent that you were printed. The person doing my prints also printed me a receipt, that receipt also needs to go with your paperwork to DPS. The receipt has a code to tell DPS where to find your prints in the system.

Last edited:

AH.74

If your first time its 44 bucks to cogent for the background check. The remaining 66 bucks goes to DPS to total 100.
If your renewing its 44 bucks to cogent for the background check. The remaining 31 bucks goes to DPS to total 75.

Cogent finally added the DPS ORI code on the dropdown menu list. Its in the middle of the list so you need to scroll down to see it. Do not use the law enforcement code unless your LE.
Also you need to print out your receipt because it has the registration number on it and cogent wont print you without it. In all the thing I know is you don't need ink on your fingers and I have heard the new license is getting to us faster. In some cases as fast as two weeks. Plus there's more locations around town.

Interesting changes. I've used the electronic system before as they've had one in Santa Fe for quite some time. But what they would do is print the scans on the cards so it would look almost as if you had been printed with ink directly on the card. It seems now you have them send the scans in directly.

Good to hear about the improved processing times. I just saw yesterday that CC license numbers more than doubled last year from the year before. Seems like someone finally figured they need to be able to handle these numbers in a more efficient manner.

awnuts

Interesting changes. I've used the electronic system before as they've had one in Santa Fe for quite some time. But what they would do is print the scans on the cards so it would look almost as if you had been printed with ink directly on the card. It seems now you have them send the scans in directly.

Good to hear about the improved processing times. I just saw yesterday that CC license numbers more than doubled last year from the year before. Seems like someone finally figured they need to be able to handle these numbers in a more efficient manner.

More update: I waited exactly 10 days and got my new card. So from what I see the systems working better.

AH.74

More update: I waited exactly 10 days and got my new card. So from what I see the systems working better.

10 days to get the renewal, from the time you sent the paperwork in?

If that's the case, that is GREAT to hear. My wife and I need to renew in a few months.

awnuts

10 days to get the renewal, from the time you sent the paperwork in?

If that's the case, that is GREAT to hear. My wife and I need to renew in a few months.[/QUOTE

Yep took the paperwork to the DPS office and ten days later got the license. Easy Peaszy. ISS has a ccw course and renewals that are pretty cheap to qualify with.

http://www.innovativesecuritysolutions.co/default.html

Last edited: