• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AT Rish Warrant Appeal Decdsion to be released Monday

Edward Peruta

The appeal regarding at risk warrants will be released by the State Appellate Court on Monday after 11:30.

The appeal argued involes the seizure of weapons by members of the State Police out of Troop L in Litchfield prior to obtaining the required "At RISK WARRANT".

Will post the decison when it is obtained.

Last edited:

Edward Peruta

Appellate Court sided with State Police

This one must have gotten away from me. A three judge appellate panel upheld the seizure of weapons without the warrant being issue first.

This case is being reviewed for further legal action but may suffer from the appellant not wanting to take it further due to costs etc.

Unless and until CT finds an organization willing to financially support key cases, the government agencies will continue to violate our rights.

It's the appeals that count.

Mopar

Unless and until CT finds an organization willing to financially support key cases, the government agencies will continue to violate our rights.

The groups that exist in CT all have their place.
The NSSF was formed to protect the manufacturers.
The Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen started out as a guy trying to protect hunters rights.
Connecticut Citizens Defense League started with a couple of people fighting antigun legislation in Hartford.

Since there doesn't seem to be an org in CT dedicated to "financially supporting key cases", maybe (and I mean this with all due respect) you should just STEP UP and form one rather then trying to guilt or twist an existing organization into being what you want it to be.

CCoS and CCDL didn't start out with thousands of members. They started out with a handful of people and found those people that shared their same vision.
Start your group and if the people want it they will come. I hope they do.

Edward Peruta

Established Firearm Groups in CT.

To mopar,

I agree with you 100%.

I have been advocating on my own and at considerable personal time and expense since mid 2007. I am fortunate enough to have several extremely effective legal minds that support me and listen when I bring situations to their attention.

I am well aware of the groups you mention and respect any decisions they do or do not make to financially support firearm rights and litigation as a whole.

Personally, I believe that time and resources could be saved in addressing current issues regarding firearm rights, if the existing organized CT groups were to recognize and support selected civil cases which are addressing current unresolved issues.

In the post Heller/McDonald world, the rules have changed but the unresolved problems still exist. Our laws and the attitudes of government officials are still based on pre Heller and McDonald.

FOR THE RECORD:
I will continue to give my support to those individuals who need it, but can no longer trust the political route to solve very clear violations of Second Amendment rights here in CT.

I have not and will not criticize the existing groups or what they chose to support.

The true test will will take place in Connecticut after the November elections.

Regardless of who wins or looses, (I as a registered Democrat have already cast my votes for Dean and Foley), we will see if the State of Connecticut supports our Second Amendment rights.

The groups that exist in CT all have their place.
The NSSF was formed to protect the manufacturers.
The Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen started out as a guy trying to protect hunters rights.
Connecticut Citizens Defense League started with a couple of people fighting antigun legislation in Hartford.

Since there doesn't seem to be an org in CT dedicated to "financially supporting key cases", maybe (and I mean this with all due respect) you should just STEP UP and form one rather then trying to guilt or twist an existing organization into being what you want it to be.

CCoS and CCDL didn't start out with thousands of members. They started out with a handful of people and found those people that shared their same vision.
Start your group and if the people want it they will come. I hope they do.