• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

check out this "anti" facebook post by senator Chris Larson.

msteinhilber

That's funny, because I took what is more or less the official course per the DOJ with the 4 hour restriction in place. I took it at MATC in Portage and the entire presentation was assembled by the DOJ - my certificate of completion even has the DOJ seal. The course was a complete joke and if Chris Larson had any clue on what the "official course" covered then he should be equally pissed off when the 4 hour restriction was in place - but it's just more partisan ******** coming from the left, nothing could make them happy. He speaks about how now people whom have "never handled a gun" can get a permit now without any "training on how to handle guns"... well the official DOJ 4 hour course spent maybe 10-15 minutes covering the four basic firearm safety fundamentals and touched briefly on the various components of a semi-automatic pistol and revolvers and the entire rest of the course was to deal with safe storage, holsters, what to do in a situation, legally defending oneself, what a permit enables you to lawfully do, how to renew, etc... never once having any of the students touch or fire a gun. The course was more or less a joke, and I came out of it knowing nothing more than I knew going into it.

Funny comments on that link though... what a bunch of morons...

"I am LESS afraid of a felon with a gun than I am an UNTRAINED IDIOT with a gun!"

JJC

WOW!!! I had to pipe in ... what a bunch of jackholes! I wish they would take a gun course form me. Let them see what they are ranting about.

+1000 I agree with you. If they take my class not only do they "HAVE" to shoot live ammo. They also must score 80% to pass the shooting part of the class.

A class without live firing is not a gun class.

JMHO

JJC

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I had to rant as well. Wife thought I was going to wear out a keyboard. It's okay to be uneducated, but it's ignorant to refuse the education. We're all uneducated at something (physics still eludes me, and I'm okay with that).

Some of the comments on there were ridiculous.

carsontech

Activist Member
Wow. It appears the consensus is that we should turn the world into something from "1984". Don't you just love anti-liberty type folk? :banghead:

rcav8r

I bet most of those people agreeing with larson are also with WAVE. Most of their comments match the grammar and thinking styles of their posts on the wave page.

gfdengine204

Just reading that thread makes me want to puke. My God, libs love to trample those rights they disagree with, but God-forbid you say anything about the 1st Amendment......