• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Laws Dec 1

cricketdad

I'm sure everyone has seen this but thought I'd post anyways as it is good info. Meant for CCH instructors but it is still relevant ...I'm eagerly awaiting Dec 1.

View attachment 7363

interesting:
G.S. 14-51.1 – Intruder Law has been repealed effective December 1, 2011. Information regarding this law also previously referred to as the “Castle Doctrine” is discussed in the current training videos. That information will be incorrect effective December 1, 2011.

And from finialize version of HB650:
SECTION 1. Article 14 of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes is amended by adding the following new sections to read:
"§ 14-51.2. Home, workplace, and motor vehicle protection; presumption of fear of death or serious bodily harm.
(a) The following definitions apply in this section:
and so on.

Doesn't not say G.S. 14-51.1 has been repealed. Says new sections added..