• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OTish: Got a new piece today: HiPoint 40 S&W

j iceman

Don't be afraid to throw so grease on that thing the slides really benefit from a little extra being so bulky. I own all 4 of their pistols and laugh if u want I oc my 45 acp daily. Best tip is take off the hand grips like I did and have them rino lined much better feel. Hope to hear what u think of HP soon

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

DocWalker

Don't be afraid to throw so grease on that thing the slides really benefit from a little extra being so bulky. I own all 4 of their pistols and laugh if u want I oc my 45 acp daily. Best tip is take off the hand grips like I did and have them rino lined much better feel. Hope to hear what u think of HP soon

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Rino Lined...LOL but a great idea.

Our dealership will Rino line any truck bed for $495.00, I wonder what they would charge for a set of grips.

I'm not knocking anyones firearm, as long as they are comfident, comfortable, and trained to use it. It doesn't matter what you carry but that you carry!

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Lets just hope it "just won't shoot" when you are fighting for your life or a relative might have to send it in to be fixed after the funeral.

No problem, it's covered for life. They don't care whose life as long as the person sending it in is alive. Serious though they run like an AK. I love my carbine.

G30Mike

I shot a 9 minimeter HiPoint once that a guy at my local range had. IMHO it was the worst gun I ever shot. Horrible trigger. To each their own though, and if you trust your life to it then great. At least if the SHTF and the gun stops working, you can cast more bullets for your .380 out of the slide. :supergrin:

Last edited:

amlevin

Rino Lined...LOL but a great idea.

Our dealership will Rino line any truck bed for $495.00, I wonder what they would charge for a set of grips.

Probably not much. All it would take is a pass or two of the "gun". They probably throw away more material from overspray or in cleanup than it would take to coat a couple of grips.

Just double back tape the grips to a piece of cardboard and get the painter to give them a spray while he's doing a truck bed.

Metalhead47

Probably not much. All it would take is a pass or two of the "gun". They probably throw away more material from overspray or in cleanup than it would take to coat a couple of grips.

Just double back tape the grips to a piece of cardboard and get the painter to give them a spray while he's doing a truck bed.

No need to go thru that much trouble. Any auto parts store will have a plethora of bedliner-in-a-can that works just as well with less hassle & cost. Myself, I just use a hoagie slip on grip.

Mike: yes the trigger takes getting used to, same goes for any gun. It's a basic mass produced no frills self defense weapon, not a finely crafted & highly tuned race gun. My ak's trigger is much different than my wife's ar too. You want a heavy gun with an awful trigger, try a mosin-nagant 8)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tannerwaterbury

No need to go thru that much trouble. Any auto parts store will have a plethora of bedliner-in-a-can that works just as well with less hassle & cost. Myself, I just use a hoagie slip on grip.

Mike: yes the trigger takes getting used to, same goes for any gun. It's a basic mass produced no frills self defense weapon, not a finely crafted & highly tuned race gun. My ak's trigger is much different than my wife's ar too. You want a heavy gun with an awful trigger, try a mosin-nagant 8)

Yeah, my friend has some spray paint with some "stone" flakes that he uses for hobbies now and then. I can simply unscrew my grips and bring them to him to spray... I also have ben thinking of asking my cousin who does woodcarving to maybe carve me a set of wood grips to use to "pretty up" my gun... I'm sure with his experience, he can make a set that can fit perfectly with my gun(s).

FMJ 911

I have a Hi-Point 9mm carbine. It may be ulgy, but it's very reliable! Straight Shooter too! No doubting what a 9mm from a 16" barrel would do!

I simply enjoy Hi-Point's for their shooting value. If anything, they're good for training. And I plan on buying a 9mm Hi-Point Pistol so I can have 2 guns that share ammo.

Metalhead47

I have a Hi-Point 9mm carbine. It may be ulgy, but it's very reliable! Straight Shooter too! No doubting what a 9mm from a 16" barrel would do!

Not much more than one from a 4" barrel really. Just easier to hit what you're aiming at. Really haven't touched my carbine since I got my AK, nothing like a good ol' Kalashnikov to up the fun factor. Now if someone could make reliable 30+ round mags for the carbine, or a 100+ drum.... :eek::cool::exclaim:

FMJ 911

Do the 15 rounders even work for you? I've always heard those ProMag's were iffy at best...

No they don't. I been told repeatedly "They should work!", but they never do. Even the factory 10-Rounders act funny unless I keep them clean and inspect them before AND after every shooting session. At least I can reload the darn thing quickly!

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Next time I make it down south, we should bring out our Hi-Point's, and the magazine you mentioned. I know the one I have will not even fit into the gun.

I was a little unsure about the one I got at first, so I kept the receipt for quite awhile. It has worked fine for me. And any time you come down this way we can head out to the "pit" and tear it up with our carbines!

Last edited:

FMJ 911

?? are you sure you got the right magazine? :confused:

Yes, It's the right mag. It's funny how it works, I put it into the gun empty, and it fits okay, but with bullets in it, the gun won't feed, and it had trouble "locking" into the magazine well. The dimensions are off just enough to ensure 100% Non-Function. I consider that mag to be a display-only.

Now I also heard that Promag came out with a "Improved" design that supposedly works. But I still have my doubts.

Metalhead47

Yes, It's the right mag. It's funny how it works, I put it into the gun empty, and it fits okay, but with bullets in it, the gun won't feed, and it had trouble "locking" into the magazine well. The dimensions are off just enough to ensure 100% Non-Function. I consider that mag to be a display-only.

Now I also heard that Promag came out with a "Improved" design that supposedly works. But I still have my doubts.

Hm, have you tried comparing to a good one to maybe see what's off?

I wonder if two or three good ones could be welded together...

FMJ 911

Hm, have you tried comparing to a good one to maybe see what's off?

I wonder if two or three good ones could be welded together...

Yes, I looked, and the Feed Lips are at the wrong angle(Too Shallow), and the Mag Catch hole is too low, meaning that the gun cannot strip bullets from the magazine. I'm sure it's one of those "1st Edition" Aftermarket mags.

I need to try one of the "new" mags, but I'd like to try one before buying one.