• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culpeper MWAG, school

The Truth

http://www.dailyprogress.com/starex...cle_38a8faa8-6d04-11e5-b7f7-7be1684dea52.html

"Culpeper County students, and their parents, got a scare Wednesday morning after school officials received a report of a student with a gun on a school bus. As a result, Culpeper County High School, Culpeper County Middle School and the TRIER Alternative School were all on lock down for about an hour, beginning at 11 a.m."

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_24c3148e-6d0d-11e5-979f-4bc1eb5b060c.html

"9th grader with a pellet gun"

Last edited:

mkatzpp

I live in Culpeper with a daughter in 4th. Kid was racking slide and threatened to shoot other kids. Then left school, to do God knows what!? No one can be sure it's a pellet gun or of his intentions until they get him.

I think whatever the response might've been was justified. My wife is a teacher in Prince William and there's no reason to take any chances these days.

Also at her school (elementary) last year a kid brought in gun "paraphernalia." It wasn't actually the gun, but maybe a mag and slide or something.

Zero tolerance, and that comes from someone who carries daily, even in my house.

Last edited:

scooter348

--Moderator deleted personal insults

mkatzpp, I can understand your passion for defending the response to what happened yesterday. I too had a daughter in lockdown at Culpeper MIddle School as well as a wife in modified lockdown at Yowell Elementary. I applaud how the Law Enforcement agencies handled the situation and the information they got out in a timely fashion. With that being said, I don't think your posts insulting Nightmare is going to solve anything. I am a firm believer in "walking in their shoes" and I would hope if he would have walked in your shoes yesterday he would be more understanding of your situation. You aren't going to change his mind with posts like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
--Moderator deleted personal insult--
Wow, someone brainwashed. Youngin, us old farts grew up before gun control. I for one and like many others would carry our 22 rifle to school. You have been wussified. You are on a gun forum and you are talking like those mommies demand action. Grow-up.

How about you promote gun safety classes at school. Let teachers carry guns. Start a shooting club at school.

No recess for you.....

Last edited by a moderator:

scooter348

Wow, someone brainwashed. Youngin, us old farts grew up before gun control. I for one and like many others would carry our 22 rifle to school. You have been wussified. You are on a gun forum and you are talking like those mommies demand action. Grow-up.

How about you promote gun safety classes at school. Let teachers carry guns. Start a shooting club at school.

No recess for you.....

Not to sound "wussified", but have you ever sat at home while you were being told your loved ones were in a school with the possibility of a kid with a gun running around? I have and it ain't no fun. Now, I'm in no way insulting you or your response, but at least try and understand where mkatzpp and I are coming from. Times have changed, like it or not. But throwing insults around to make your point if you have never experienced what we did yesterday is pointless.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Not to sound "wussified", but have you ever sat at home while you were being told your loved ones were in a school with the possibility of a kid with a gun running around? I have and it ain't no fun. Now, I'm in no way insulting you or your response, but at least try and understand where mkatzpp and I are coming from. Times have changed, like it or not. But throwing insults around to make your point if you have never experienced what we did yesterday is pointless.
Excuse me, but who started throwing insults around? I made an observation. A perfect example of your brainwashing is "Times have changed" comment. Times have changed all right. You youngins have been brainwashed in to believing you need the government to take care of you.

I clearly understand fear. And I understand your fear. But, what are you going to do about it????? What???? I bet you won't do a thing.

scooter348

Excuse me, but who started throwing insults around? I made an observation. A perfect example of your brainwashing is "Times have changed" comment. Times have changed all right. You youngins have been brainwashed in to believing you need the government to take care of you.

I clearly understand fear. And I understand your fear. But, what are you going to do about it????? What???? I bet you won't do a thing.

I didn't insult you and I made that perfectly clear. You chose to attack mkatzpp, calling him "brain washed" and "wussified". And then continued it by calling me thoise names too. You don't know me or anything about me, yet you make baseless assumptions under the guise of being older and wiser. I bet I am older than you think I am, and I too was around during the "I took my gun to school" era. So what? My point is if you haven't been in that situation, don't even pretend to understand my fear. And what have you done to change how your school district handles this situation? Because I bet they handle it the exact same way our school district did yesterday.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I took guns to school many times when I was there would ride with them on the bus and the put them in the locker than go over to a friends house for a week end of hunting.

Always had a shotgun in the truck during hunting season would hunt before and after school.

I trained and taught active shooter response.

Times have indeed changed we do need to have firearms training in are schools we do need to stopped the teaching that all guns are bad all the time.

If a kid was dumb enough to do that kind of action on my school bus some of the older boys most likely would have taken it away from him and broken it. Many of us knew the different between a real gun and pellet gun (a lot harder to tell now days).

But yes the anti's want us all whimpified they do want us to run in fear at the mere mention of a gun

We also need to have proper response when there is a creditable threat an hour lock down doesn't seem that unreasonable.

We also need to have properly trained staff and administrators to help in handling these threats and not just running and hiding.

I see points on both ends there is a lot of work to do for sure.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I didn't insult you and I made that perfectly clear. You chose to attack mkatzpp, calling him "brain washed" and "wussified". And then continued it by calling me thoise names too. You don't know me or anything about me, yet you make baseless assumptions under the guise of being older and wiser. I bet I am older than you think I am, and I too was around during the "I took my gun to school" era. So what? My point is if you haven't been in that situation, don't even pretend to understand my fear. And what have you done to change how your school district handles this situation? Because I bet they handle it the exact same way our school district did yesterday.
I called no one names. I made an observation. Have you ever had a gun held to your head by some idiot? I have. So don't lecture me. Don't ask me what I going to do. I asked what you are going to do. You, what are you going to do? It's your kid in that school. It's your school. What are you go to do about educating your school on gun safety?

I can hear it now. I don't have time.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
It's not worth it on this board. It's dominated by very very very old people who have no concept of the way the world is today.

There's no slowly walking them towards the facts or reasoning with them. I've been on this board for 2.5 years and everything is the same here. It's like an old boys Alzheimer's club.

One of the first defense mechanisms used was how "old and wise they are" but unfortunately that leads to them using ancient reasoning on things. Like how they grew up around guns and it's no big deal that someone had one.

It doesn't matter what you say, in their minds pop tart guns are the same as an actual gun i if it isn't used.
And yet you, with such discerning insight :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , have stuck around!

ROFLMAO

Last edited:

mkatzpp

And yet you, with such discerning insight :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , have stuck around!

ROFLMAO

If I'm wrong about my insight show me where. As far as I can tell we had people making jokes about the event (9th grader with a gun) and others making excuses for why the situation was no big deal (i brought rifles to school growing up). If that isn't 1970s thinking I don't know what is.

mkatzpp

I don't mind many points of view but this Virginia forum is just one annoying outdated point of view. Most times I just read and move on, but today was just too much.

Can't have people coming to this board and seeing the stupidity without someone logical posting putting up a fight.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I took guns to school many times when I was there would ride with them on the bus and the put them in the locker than go over to a friends house for a week end of hunting.

Always had a shotgun in the truck during hunting season would hunt before and after school.

I trained and taught active shooter response.

Times have indeed changed we do need to have firearms training in are schools we do need to stopped the teaching that all guns are bad all the time.

If a kid was dumb enough to do that kind of action on my school bus some of the older boys most likely would have taken it away from him and broken it. Many of us knew the different between a real gun and pellet gun (a lot harder to tell now days).

But yes the anti's want us all whimpified they do want us to run in fear at the mere mention of a gun

We also need to have proper response when there is a creditable threat an hour lock down doesn't seem that unreasonable.

We also need to have properly trained staff and administrators to help in handling these threats and not just running and hiding.

I see points on both ends there is a lot of work to do for sure.
The government wants you to be in fear. That is called control.

Crime is down. 40 years ago you would not hear about some shooting for weeks or months. And when you did it was on page 10 of the news paper. Today it is instant. Today it is sensationalized and done so to instill fear. In effect, you drank the Kool-aid.

Quit being manipulated.

Enough said.....

Last edited:

Brian D.

Didn't catch all the particulars but in my area a couple days ago there was a school lockdown that was caused by...sheer stupidity and blind panic, the way I see it.

Mother of a middle school/high school (?) girl was driving by and slowed down to speak to her kid who seemed to among a crowd on the sidewalk. Let's say the daughter's name was Jenny. Well, the daughter wasn't right there, but another girl named Jenny was there and heard the woman in the car say her name. By my understanding the driver wasn't trying to motion anybody to her vehicle or anything like that, just an innocent 'hello' to a kid that must have resembled her own daughter. The wrong Jenny (if you will) didn't know the woman and this caused some kid 9or teacher, maybe) to get on their cellphone and call 911 about STRANGER DANGER.

So, without trying to sort anything out the police told the school to hit full lockdown mode. Trouble was this must have been before/between classes because there were kids that were outside and never really got rounded up. Somehow (thank those wonderful cell phones every adult and kid has on then fired up and ready at all times) word got to parents about the lockdown and of course they started showing up in their vehicles quickly and en masse. Sounds like if it had been a real emergency, responders wouldn't have been able to get as close as they are supposed to because of that.

Like in battle, the first casualty of an emergency action response is....Plan A.

Last edited:

mkatzpp

The government wants you to be in fear. That is called control.

Crime is down. 40 years ago you would not hear about some shooting for weeks or months. And when you did it was on page 10 of the news paper. Today it is instant. Today it is sensationalized and done so to instill fear. In effect, you drank the Kool-aid.

Quit being manipulated.

Enough said.....

Ugh, just painful. It's all the government's fault. We're idiots for not wanting kids to have guns in schools.

We've been brainwashed by media to think kids with guns in school is a bad thing.

I've also been brainwashed into thinking cigarettes cause cancer, social security is at risk, and it's bad to own slaves.