• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to open carry with questions

JUMPOFFBRIDGE89

whats wrong with the .44 mag? its what i own. its what i know how to use. its what i am confortable using. its reliable. i dont want to get into the whole its to powerful, its gonna over penetrate, its its its. ITS WHAT? A gun. Whats a 9mm? A GUN! You can get over penetration on a 9mm if you shoot a 100 pound girl just the same as a 44 mag over penetrating. thats why you use .44spc corr-bon self defense rounds in it. They offer good stopping power with less then likely over pentration issues. You tell me i am 20 and i want to carry a 44 mag? well duh. If you have issues with me carrying what i know and like then you are not a very helpful forum and should be ashamed to be associated with it. look up other posts about 44mag and why people carry them. i did. or tell the fat man with the s&w 500 not to. he will do what he wants. i have a right to carry and my opinion and so do you but dont tell me its a problem. KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND YOUR INTENDED TARGET! otherwise dont shoot. its that easy

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Faq and search didnt get my questions answered. Sorry about the attitude but like I said it seems to me that every situation is different and you telling me not to carry an id when I said I needed it. And I know "everything". Please. No one knows everything. But it seems I only stepped on your toes. And I only snapped cause you were a **** in your first response so calm down. Try and type in 21 it doesn't work.

You also have an obligation to read and understand the rules here. Besides which being polite is just appreciated.

"6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attack."
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Last edited: