• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heat Wave? What heat wave?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Sure, it's warm, but when the news calls temps in D.C. being in the upper 90s, have lived there (Northern Virginia) and experienced the same all the time throughout the summer, it's hardly a "heat wave." It's just summer.

To me, a "heat wave" is when the temps climbed above 100, either there, Florida, or Louisiana, two other places I've lived, or above 115 in Las Vegas (it's a dry heat).

Otherwise, I call it a "media event."

HKcarrier

I saw posts in the comments section of the local new-rag talking about "global warming" and now we're going to have 100 degree summers all the time in Michigan... such idiocy. I can't remember a summer where we DID NOT have 100 degree temps at some point... alarmists... :p

zack991

I always laugh when people here in Ohio complain that its horribly hot and its way to muggy. I was stationed in Louisiana a number of years back and Fort Polk by far was the hottest and humid place I have ever lived.

Aknazer

I always laugh when people here in Ohio complain that its horribly hot and its way to muggy. I was stationed in Louisiana a number of years back and Fort Polk by far was the hottest and humid place I have ever lived.

The worst for me was Okinawa, Japan. Though I don't mind the heat (hell I almost never use AC in my car even in 90+ degree weather).

zack991

I had my AC go out in my truck when I was living there and I got used to never using it. People up here look at me like I am nuts, yet I don't have to fill my take up as much as they do with gas being so high.

Uber_Olafsun

My wife is from New Orleans so the humidity normally wouldn't bother her. I grew up in Iowa and California. Iowa was not as hot but got muggy and Cali got hot as Hades but since it was so dry not a problem till you realized you were dehydrated from sweating all day and it evaporating right away. I like fall as a season. Some days warm so with a nice chill to them.

Funny thing last year the family from Iowa came out during that record breaking time. They were dying in the heat and me and the wife were just walking around normal.

Wolf1477

Yep, we set records this week for this time of year. Hit 95 on Monday and Tuesday...today it's friggin' 50. Really wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.

hermannr

Well, you have all the heat, we have the cold.

Spokane had the lastest day to reach 70 here a couple weeks ago, and now it is 62, and today is the record for latest date for Spokane to reach 80, and an 80 degree day probably won't happen for at least a couple more weeks. We haven't even reached 80 yet, but have already pasted the earliest day to reach 90. (again in Spokane)

Up here in the Highlands, we had frost a couple nights ago. That is ok, you can keep you heat and humidity. I prefer my summers with 10% humidity during the day, and average summer temps in the 70's and 80's, lows in the 40's and 50's.

Last edited:

Dreamer

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Matthew 24:6[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Matthew 24:7[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Matthew 24:8[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] All these are the beginning of sorrows.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Matthew 24:9
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Matthew 24:10
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Matthew 24:11
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Matthew 24:12
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.[/FONT]

In other words, a lot of bad stuff is going to happen, and people will say "oh, it's the End Times". But generally, they will be full of it, and you should ignore alarmists, people who "predict the future", and anyone who says they know when the "end times" are, because either they are stupid, or they are trying to rob you or gain power over you, or they are evil...

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
I dont see how wer are not in the end of days, there have been changes in weather, an explosion of knowledge, the Jewish return to Israel, and a few more I cant recall at the moment.

King James Version (KJV)

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

Last edited:

Tawnos

I dont see how wer are not in the end of days, there have been changes in weather, an explosion of knowledge, the Jewish return to Israel, and a few more I cant recall at the moment.

King James Version (KJV)

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

Care to explain how in the world this relates to the heat/non heat wave?