• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in a police station in medford oregon

dirty_sanchez

Warren- Come on Man! Dying to see the 2nd and 3rd installments!

Good on you for the good deed of the day.

Dirty

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
cant wait for part 3.....

You can say that again. Did he say he was arresting you or detaining you Warren? What was he taking you to the room for? Where is the video of the part prior to you getting handcuffed? When was this filmed?

So many questions!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Well, it's pretty clear that Warren was unlawfully arrested or detained. The officer had two abilities inside the public building, he could ask for a CHL license (to ensure ORS 166.370 wasn't being violated) and he could inspect the loaded state of the weapon (ORS 166.380, but it doesn't matter with the CHL what the loaded state was). Handcuffing tends to indicate arrest, moving somebody to a room and preventing a friend from being close by also seems to indicate arrest. So what's the story Warren? Did they uncuff you and listen to your complaint(s)? I'm guessing after their gaffe that they weren't in the mood with performing civic duties.

Something I would have done differently is not call attention to my firearm as my very first action. I never call attention to my firearm, I try to treat it like a bow tie or something totally harmless. I'll talk about my bow tie, but otherwise it's just a bow tie. No reason to start talking about it unless I happen to see another person wearing a bow tie, then I might give him a head nod and tell him I like his style.

Hope all turned out well in the end.

Edit: Oh, and I know it's difficult, but try not to say anything when dealing with police officers. Only talk when it benefits you (like filing your complaint). Outside of that we should really strive to assert our right to remain silent, indicate that we're audio recording, and then remain silent until you are free to go, at which point you should request the officer identify himself by name and badge number.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Why do I feel that this incident does nothing to help the open carry movement? Everything you guys were talking about in the hallway just sounded "out there." Am I alone here?

You walked into a police station (somewhere we know to be hostile to our rights) and the first thing you did was point out you were carrying while going into a conversation that resembled a scene from "I Am Sam." I can see where the officers may have had some concern here.

For the record, the purple heart is not the "most common thing to get in the military."

Teddybearfrmhell

Why do I feel that this incident does nothing to help the open carry movement? Everything you guys were talking about in the hallway just sounded "out there." Am I alone here?

You walked into a police station (somewhere we know to be hostile to our rights) and the first thing you did was point out you were carrying while going into a conversation that resembled a scene from "I Am Sam." I can see where the officers may have had some concern here.

For the record, the purple heart is not the "most common thing to get in the military."

read some of the other posts from the op, you will beging to understand the trainwreck you see before your eyes

Teddybearfrmhell

Well, it's pretty clear that Warren was unlawfully arrested or detained. The officer had two abilities inside the public building, he could ask for a CHL license (to ensure ORS 166.370 wasn't being violated) and he could inspect the loaded state of the weapon (ORS 166.380, but it doesn't matter with the CHL what the loaded state was). Handcuffing tends to indicate arrest, moving somebody to a room and preventing a friend from being close by also seems to indicate arrest. So what's the story Warren? Did they uncuff you and listen to your complaint(s)? I'm guessing after their gaffe that they weren't in the mood with performing civic duties.

Something I would have done differently is not call attention to my firearm as my very first action. I never call attention to my firearm, I try to treat it like a bow tie or something totally harmless. I'll talk about my bow tie, but otherwise it's just a bow tie. No reason to start talking about it unless I happen to see another person wearing a bow tie, then I might give him a head nod and tell him I like his style.

Hope all turned out well in the end.

Edit: Oh, and I know it's difficult, but try not to say anything when dealing with police officers. Only talk when it benefits you (like filing your complaint). Outside of that we should really strive to assert our right to remain silent, indicate that we're audio recording, and then remain silent until you are free to go, at which point you should request the officer identify himself by name and badge number.

actually we dont know why he was held at all, the video wasnt running then

Warren Drouin

I would like to press charges for an unlawful arrest, so I am going to see a lawyer tomorrow. Yet they did release me. I went to the police station to filled a police complaint whiled armed and then this all happen because the officer did not know the law. I am tired of the harassment so I went to them to settle the issue, but it seem I just wasted my time with them. I need to see someone else that know the law and can put these guys straight to leave us alone. I have the proof and a witness that seen the whole action, now I need to get this further done and hope for the best. To let you all know I am a extreme activist to the right to keep and bear arms. I would do anything that will prevail to the benefits of our rights.

Just wait little more longer and I will have the next video up

Warren Drouin

@teddybear

to let you know I had to conserve the battery because it just about to lose all of it energy. That was officer Garr that arrested me because I was just sitting down on a bench with my handgun waiting to talk to the SGT and then Garr told me to stand up and I told my cousin to start the recording while Garr was arresting me.

Teddybearfrmhell

@teddybear

to let you know I had to conserve the battery because it just about to lose all of it energy. That was officer Garr that arrested me because I was just sitting down on a bench with my handgun waiting to talk to the SGT and then Garr told me to stand up and I told my cousin to start the recording while Garr was arresting me.

i understand what you are saying BUT why bother to record ANYTHING if you arent going to record the very thing you are claiming was an illegal arrest?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
This is my last video and my last time to be using this site (opencarry.org)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k50fNbPKEPw

ENJOY and GOODBYE!

You know, I could hear EVERYTHING that was going on....up until the camera man started talking over the important parts.

"HE'S GOT A BALD HEAD! A VERY BALD HEAD"
Not only was it just random and childish...I CAN'T HEAR WHATS GOING ON IF YOU'RE WHISPERING HE'S GOT A BALD HEAD INTO THE MICROPHONE....

Last edited:

Teddybearfrmhell

You know, I could hear EVERYTHING that was going on....up until the camera man started talking over the important parts.

"HE'S GOT A BALD HEAD! A VERY BALD HEAD"
Not only was it just random and childish...I CAN'T HEAR WHATS GOING ON IF YOU'RE WHISPERING HE'S GOT A BALD HEAD INTO THE MICROPHONE....

this was a colossal waste of time, no information was gained other than the name , address and dads phone number of the narrating cousin with no ID....

we have ZERO information about the arrest/detain or any citations issued if any.... nothing accomplished here!