• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Justice Department prints 100,000th concealed carry permit

M

McX

hoppin Mcburgers! do i get a happy meal with it, or just a happy feeling?

MKEgal

As I've pointed out in other threads, we've now got about 2.5% of the 21+ population of WI able to be discreetly armed.
That's a higher % than any of the states around us, & they've had their licensing schemes for a much longer time.
I'm going to guess that by 01NOV12 we'll have at least 150,000 issued.
DOJ says they're down to "hundreds" of applications a day instead of "thousands".

Captain Nemo

100% of the law abiding population is licensed by the State constitution to open carry. I'm a bit bothered by the submissive tone of this and other gun forums I visit. Seems now that concealed carry is a reality too many people are satisfied that our pwesonal protection goal has been reached. Constitutional carry seems to have died on the vine. Even those on this forum that have earlier opined that only true constitutional carry is acceptable have become suspiciously quiet. We are agonizingly close to having constitutional carry. As I have commented before, except from needing a license to carry concealed in public we have constitutional carry, both open and concealed, in all other locations. i.e. home, property, business and vehicle. Seems gun rights advocates have become complacent and don't have the intestinal fortitude to push for that final step.

paul@paul-fisher.com

100% of the law abiding population is licensed by the State constitution to open carry. I'm a bit bothered by the submissive tone of this and other gun forums I visit. Seems now that concealed carry is a reality too many people are satisfied that our pwesonal protection goal has been reached. Constitutional carry seems to have died on the vine. Even those on this forum that have earlier opined that only true constitutional carry is acceptable have become suspiciously quiet. We are agonizingly close to having constitutional carry. As I have commented before, except from needing a license to carry concealed in public we have constitutional carry, both open and concealed, in all other locations. i.e. home, property, business and vehicle. Seems gun rights advocates have become complacent and don't have the intestinal fortitude to push for that final step.

You keep bringing this up and I will reiterate what I have said before. I am still pushing for Constitutional Carry while celebrating that we can carry with less restrictions.

Getting 100K more people to consider carrying, in my opinion, helps us with the push to Constitutional Carry.

There is nothing more that can be done officially while the legislature is in recess but I can assure you that I talk to ALL of my elected officials on a regular basis and keep the bug in their ear about further expanding the states recognition of our rights.

hermannr

As I've pointed out in other threads, we've now got about 2.5% of the 21+ population of WI able to be discreetly armed.
That's a higher % than any of the states around us, & they've had their licensing schemes for a much longer time.
I'm going to guess that by 01NOV12 we'll have at least 150,000 issued.
DOJ says they're down to "hundreds" of applications a day instead of "thousands".

Only a few hundred thousand to go to get a reasonable level that will insure the permit system stays in place no matter who is elected.

protias

Only a few hundred thousand to go to get a reasonable level that will insure the permit system stays in place no matter who is elected.

The way WI is moving, I think 5-10 years, we'll be caught up with a few other states that already went to what we should have had in the beginning.