• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll - Gun Show "Loophole"

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Two law enforcement organizations are pushing for some changes in Virginia's gun laws - changes that would facilitate background checks and require such checks at gun shows and for other "secondary market" sales. What do you think?

• Terrible idea. Just another attempt to take guns away from law-abiding citizens. (170 responses)
    43%

• Great idea. It doesn't affect law-abiding citizens. It just keeps guns out of the hands of people who aren't allowed to have them. (134 responses)
    34%

• Any gun law is a bad gun law. People should be able to buy as many guns as they want with no red tape. The Second Amendment says so. (33 responses)
    8%

• It's a start, but it's not enough. We need to do more to get guns off the street. (61 responses)
    15%

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm tempted to vote, but I canot decide which biased, make-em-look-like-kooks question to vote for. Picking one means I have to ignore the other - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QV6FpYfbn0

Too hot to hurt my brain trying.

Anybody want to give me advice and guidance? Just don't call yourself The Senate when you do.

stay safe.

user

Accomplished Advocate
It's like those multiple choice tests they give for academic stuff: there is no "right" answer, just pick the "best" answer.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
It's like those multiple choice tests they give for academic stuff: there is no "right" answer, just pick the "best" answer.

You mean those multiple choice questions they give because the students have been dumbed down so much, they have lost the concept of studying, rational/logical thought, mental processes based upon acquired knowledge, and connecting the dots? Those tests???

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

And which one would that be?

• Terrible idea. Just another attempt to take guns away from law-abiding citizens.
  • Great idea. It doesn't affect law-abiding citizens. It just keeps guns out of the hands of people who aren't allowed to have them.
  • Any gun law is a bad gun law. People should be able to buy as many guns as they want with no red tape. The Second Amendment says so.
  • It's a start, but it's not enough. We need to do more to get guns off the street.

#1 has nothing to do with the question. #2 is the supposed reason for the proposal, but totally ignores where the BGs get their guns from in the first place. #3 starts out in left field and ends up at the concession stands at the back of the bleachers. #4 is at lerast the most honest, but obviously the least "correct".

stay safe.