• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Guy - 12-31-2007 - Firefighter194

Firefighter194

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Just found this site and its pretty interesting. I have just recently decided to practice this right of ours to carry. To be honest with you I never thought I would, but after all the shootings at malls and of all places churches. I decide it was about time to have some way to protect my wife and I with out having to rely on a LEO....:cuss:

Anyways, I just put in for my CWP because I think I will feel more comftorable CC'ing, but its nice to know if I dont want to CC I can carry open!!!:celebrate

LEO 229

imported post

Welcome to the board....

You will learn a ton of stuff here... Always remember to always verify informationyou receive here for yourself.

We are not always 100% correct but often times have a good idea. Often times we will actually provide you with a cite so you can read things for yourself.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome, firefighter.

Don't let the occasional "mine is bigger than yours" spats about LEOs, political candidates, or individuals' actions get to you. Most threads that go more than 2 pages are worth ignoring (IMHO).

But there are some fantastic insights here, some really fine, upstanding people, and a lot of fun to be had.

OC, CC - that's up to you. I'm pleased to see you will be accepting the responsibility for protection yourself and your family. Remember, practice, both physically and mentally, and have fun.

Welcome to the world!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome from Henrico County.

Greetings and welcome to the forum. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Aaah....hay guy. You welcomed him over 4 1/2 years ago on this same thread! :lol: :lol:

Your previous post is just two before your latest greeting. A good rule of thumb is to read the thread first, post afterward.

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Necropost.jpg

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
But did we say "Welcome" to crossfireltd?

He's newer than Firefighter194.

I don't recall seeing either of them at an OC breakfast or OC dinner. Anybody know how come they have not shown their faces?

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
But did we say "Welcome" to crossfireltd?

He's newer than Firefighter194.

I don't recall seeing either of them at an OC breakfast or OC dinner. Anybody know how come they have not shown their faces?

stay safe.

They're shy!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Aaah....hay guy. You welcomed him over 4 1/2 years ago on this same thread! :lol: :lol:

Your previous post is just two before your latest greeting. A good rule of thumb is to read the thread first, post afterward.

Now that's funny. On a related note, how do people even drag up these old threads?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Now that's funny. On a related note, how do people even drag up these old threads?

In this case I think he was away from the forum for a good while and maybe had a saved email notification on a shut down computer. The he hooked it up again and walla, there's a thread response notice.

Either that or he used that great big digital dart board where you can check all of the threads on OCDO. :cool:

I hope he doesn't think we're all that upset with him - I thought it was funny :lol:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
In this case I think he was away from the forum for a good while and maybe had a saved email notification on a shut down computer. The he hooked it up again and walla, there's a thread response notice.

Either that or he used that great big digital dart board where you can check all of the threads on OCDO. :cool:

He sure didn't use the search feature, cause we all know how well THAT works!